Leak down Testers

Poolman

WOW, you guys are putting WAAAY too much thought into this. 

Its a damn leak down tester FFS! You can buy all this crap at a hardware store and you can find the gauge at an autoparts store. Takes all of 30 mins to DIY

Step-By-Step guide to building one of these in the "technical" section or quit bitching and buy Sprinkles kit for $45 shipped.

• Like 1

WOW, you guys are putting WAAAY too much thought into this.

Its a damn leak down tester FFS! You can buy all this crap at a hardware store and you can find the gauge at an autoparts store. Takes all of 30 mins to DIY

Step-By-Step guide to building one of these in the "technical" section or quit bitching and buy Sprinkles kit for $45 shipped.

I know right,? You can build it for less than 45.00. You bet. But when you account for you time it's just not worth screwing with for some people.

I'll stand to make 5-6.00 after shipping on each one..so obviously I don't do it for the money. It's just to help some fellow riders out. Maybe they can help me out sometime in a small way as well.

I've committed to build 3 out of some fittings I already have. After that I'm done trying to do any favors building these things....too much hassle and BS.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I am just questioning the integrity of the gauge because there not accurate and are very prone to failure. I replace these almost every day for the government on the military ships

Yes! Because banshees are held to military spec tolerances and quality control standards.

Dude..you your brain for a second. You'll use it 6-7 minutes at a time...maybe 3-4 times a year if you're OCD. Not exactly a rigorous duty cycle is it?

I am just questioning the integrity of the gauge because there not accurate and are very prone to failure. I replace these almost every day for the government on the military ships

Sounds like you are just trying to make yourself look smart. Set your damn compressor to 6psi and watch the gauge, that way you have two gauges to look at. You could also put a few (10-15) gauges inline so you know for sure you are at 6psi. You could also wire in a fuel pressure safety switch that will sound a alam.

Sounds like you are just trying to make yourself look smart. Set your damn compressor to 6psi and watch the gauge, that way you have two gauges to look at. You could also put a few (10-15) gauges inline so you know for sure you are at 6psi. You could also wire in a fuel pressure safety switch that will sound a alam.

^^^^ military spec tests.

Seriously though. All I do is put the gauge I'm wanting to test on a testing tee I have mocked up with a verified gauge and compare the pressures. I've never had one off by more than .25 psi.

Bro remember military products come from the lowest bidder we don't always buy the best stuff!

The only reason this topic went outta control is I don't have the ability to make one right now due job related stuff so I was trying to get a member to build one for me. YES they can be made for probably half the price but whats the point in building a part for someone you don't know for free??? Im completely ok throwing him an extra couple bones if your not build it your self

Edited by willaduncan

Bro remember military products come from the lowest bidder we don't always buy the best stuff!

The only reason this topic went outta control is I don't have the ability to make one right now due job related stuff so I was trying to get a member to build one for me. YES they can be made for probably half the price but whats the point in building a part for someone you don't know for free??? Im completely ok throwing him an extra couple bones if your not build it your self

I'm not trying to make myself look smart or be a dick. And I our contracts specifically say to use grade A gauges. Which is why when they build these ships they use cheap ass gauges is because your right lowest bid gets the job. for this specific gauge we would calibrate to 1.5% which is .014 psi. If your off by .25 that's 4% that the gauge is off.