Swingarm length

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slingshot in good tune with oem springs. It has a yfz450 front end with elka stage 2's, the rear is a stock shock and I believe it was revalved. The swingarm is from the swingarm shop with a stock style carrier. I want to go to a round style 40mm and add an aluminum axle. The four wheeler was bought used...

i would do 16 41 or 17 41 coming out of first.

Is this for 300ft? I can't pull any taller than 15/44 or 14/41 on banshee hill in dumont. If I go taller then that the bike falls flat on its face from 4th to 5th. I wanted to try and get the bike to run 1/8 and 1/4 on sand flats, but was not sure if I should go to a 17t or 18t counter shaft sprocket.

Don't take this the wrong way but my play bike is a 421 on gas, I can pull second gear starts all day long hard with 22" SLS 10 paddle extremes. Geared at 15/43. You may want to take a look at the motor and see if you have an issue bud. I am 260 lbs by the way. Mine pulls hard all the way through 5th on a long hill. The ten will allow for more wheel speed because of the weight transfer but I still think your motor should pull second gear launches with ease with 9 paddles. By the way my motor is a stock cub no porting.

Don't take this the wrong way but my play bike is a 421 on gas, I can pull second gear starts all day long hard with 22" SLS 10 paddle extremes. Geared at 15/43. You may want to take a look at the motor and see if you have an issue bud. I am 260 lbs by the way. Mine pulls hard all the way through 5th on a long hill. The ten will allow for more wheel speed because of the weight transfer but I still think your motor should pull second gear launches with ease with 9 paddles. By the way my motor is a stock cub no porting.

How many over on your swingarm?