confusion about jetting,

Daraji

soo my CPI's are coming in this week and im preparing everything for em so i can go riding immediately! im using k&n filters ( individuals ) and vf4 reeds, now i emailed mike from CPI abt jetting heres what he said:

Ali,

The mains will be fine at 300 to 310's cooler days have more oxygen in the air. So they need bigger jets on those days. We usually install 30 pilots and lift the needle 1 clip richer.

Thanks.

as clear as it sounds i have no clue what hes on about and no clue about how to install them,i mean do i screw the jets all the way in? or do i screw 2-3 threds in? and 1 clip richer?

so i went to my dealership today to pick up jets, and the guy said they only offer ( 190 , 200 ,220,240 main jets ) and ( 25 pilot jet )

my elevation is below 2000m ( 1570 meters is our highest point here ), soo what the F is going on? :thanks: 

is it me or can every1 see my post

soo my CPI's are coming in this week and im preparing everything for em so i can go riding immediately! im using k&n filters ( individuals ) and vf4 reeds, now i emailed mike from CPI abt jetting heres what he said:

Ali,

The mains will be fine at 300 to 310's cooler days have more oxygen in the air. So they need bigger jets on those days. We usually install 30 pilots and lift the needle 1 clip richer.

Thanks.

as clear as it sounds i have no clue what hes on about and no clue about how to install them,i mean do i screw the jets all the way in? or do i screw 2-3 threds in? and 1 clip richer?

so i went to my dealership today to pick up jets, and the guy said they only offer ( 190 , 200 ,220,240 main jets ) and ( 25 pilot jet )

my elevation is below 2000m ( 1570 meters is our highest point here ), soo what the F is going on? 

Ali,

Thanks.

my elevation is below 2000m ( 1570 meters is our highest point here ), soo what the F is going on? 

• Like 1

The jets are numbered. They have them stamped on them what size they are. Screw them all the way in snug. Over tightening can damage them. When he talks about clip he's talking about the needles attached to the carb cap. There's a little clip on them and notches for the clip to go. Move the clip down one slot to be richer. That will bring the needle higher. You should look through posts for jet and needle installs. Or buy a manual. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

so should i go through with what mike recommended? and thanks that was very helpful!

Oh and the big numbered jets 300,310 etc are main jets. The small numbered ones like 27.5,30 etc are pilot jets

This is kind of tuff. You have a pretty wide day/night temp swing, enough so that you might want to jet one size richer for night riding from what works for days.

Not knowing what you have for porting and other mods, I would get 300-340 mains. Either do a "plug chop" or learn/know how to read your plugs. The needle clip and pilot jet numbers sound good. Start with 340 and work your way down. It's better to leave a little HP on the table than to burn your motor down. IF you only drag race for short bursts you can jet away with leaner jettin, but if you're going for long runs go rich (fat)

You will have to find an aftermarket shop to get your jets as it seems as the dealer only caries stock jets, so sad. Either my search/computer isn't working, but there was a member over your way that either his "specs" might help you or he might be able to. Screen name was Banshe 2020, or 6060, I think, don't really remember.

This is kind of tuff. You have a pretty wide day/night temp swing, enough so that you might want to jet one size richer for night riding from what works for days.

Not knowing what you have for porting and other mods, I would get 300-340 mains. Either do a "plug chop" or learn/know how to read your plugs. The needle clip and pilot jet numbers sound good. Start with 340 and work your way down. It's better to leave a little HP on the table than to burn your motor down. IF you only drag race for short bursts you can jet away with leaner jettin, but if you're going for long runs go rich (fat)

Hey larry i think im gonna go with the 300's try my luck as the Cpi racing recommended... i hope it works and check out my new post im having some new issues lol

• 2 weeks later...

The jets are numbered. They have them stamped on them what size they are. Screw them all the way in snug. Over tightening can damage them. When he talks about clip he's talking about the needles attached to the carb cap. There's a little clip on them and notches for the clip to go. Move the clip down one slot to be richer. That will bring the needle higher. You should look through posts for jet and needle installs. Or buy a manual. Hope this helps.

Hey dude hows it going? so i need to move the clip down one slot from where it was on stock?  or all the way down to 1st slot?