really need help here guys iim stumped

i have a 99 banshee. all the wiring seems to be in good shape. i just got it yesterday, okay so the only mod it has is the fmf pipes. when i got it it would do the normal thing that it does when the tors or parking brake is messing up. it will cut out when you hit the throttle. but see the tors brain box has all 3 wires cut off it, the thumb swith is cut off as well. the parking brake was disconnected from the perch but not unplugged. so heres the wierd part whe i unplug the parking brake wire completely it will noit even rev at all like no rpm gain at all. when i plug it in and touvh the prongs together it gains 1000 rpm or so but still wont rev. any ideas gguys? my mind is blown., inormally know what im doing. please help!!!

Jump the key switch like sheerider says, check the grounds, sounds like that is the issue here.

Yeah, I had a problem like this. Used shitty jumper that the wire was fucked, cut the wires, twist them together. If you want to run the key switch, I had good luck bending a nail and jamming it between the two terminals

i dont think a manual will help. i tried jumping the wires. that didnt work. anything else....

Coming from a guy that can't figure out how to jump wires, you don't think you need a manual?? Your a lost cause at this point. I can't help you if you don't want to help yourself.

So you unplug the keyswitch which ends up leaving you with a dangling white-plastic connector.

You take a piece of wire, trim/brad nail and jump the 2 connector pins to test it.

266999_jump_2.jpg

You can damage the pins if you push something in there too hard so just test it carefully first.

Post your results.

Extra:

If your killswitch on the left handlebar works you can just cut the connector off on the motor side of the harness leaving it connected to your keyswitch and strip and twist the two wires together coming from the motor and twist them together.

Either way; secure your jumper well or just twist them together otherwise you will be out riding at night with no flash light and your motor will kill for no reason and you will be sitting there a few minutes fumbling with it.

Also finish up with electrical tape at the least - heatshrink preferred.

hey dipshit i looked in a manual the clymers one... it was no help. i figured oout how to jump wires. i said that wasnt the problem. its pricks like you that make people mad. i need to figure out whats wrong with my banshee not argue with pointless fucks