Tulsa area riders

With the future of Appalachia bay in question, some friends and I are thinking of buying some land to start an OHV park. Just trying to find out if there is enough interest if we found some land within an hours drive of Tulsa and had to charge say $10 a day or come up with a yearly membership for like $100-$150 a year.

We have just started to look at land, there will probably be a website going up soon to help promote this idea.

Any comments or questions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

I would think there would be interest. There aren't many places close to Tulsa to ride.

I hadn't heard anything about Appalachia (sp) going away.

Over the Labor Day week-end there was a "confrontation" between boaters and riders. I wasn't there but I heard it got out of hand. So now there has been talk of closing it to riders or charging admission and hiring someone to keep the boaters out of the area.

I still think that Tulsa needs some place that is not so tied to the lake level. If the Lake is up it is not as much fun out there.

I haven't been down there in awhile but would hate to see us lose it. It is about 30 miles West of Tulsa. Except for the thin piece of land connecting it to the parking lot it is a small island. When Keystone lake is normal or down, there is a lot of beach riding all the way around it. There are also lots of trails and woods riding.

Here is a link to some information about what is going on at Appalachia bay

http://www.occra.com/2003/appalachia/appalchia_start.htm

I could not attend the meeting last night, but a friend did.

It sounds like C.O.B.R.A. is winning this battle however, the riding area will be closed for about 10 weeks while signs are put up and improvements are made to the parking lot.

We are still looking for some land in the Tulsa area. even if the bay is saved.