Cool heads

icytea132

No street racers run pump fuel or your at a dissadvantage already , I have seen more exotic shit done with fuel on backroads then at the track, do u have any other mods done the head is not gonna give u the edge like other mods , porting, tranny, pipes, carbs , whats your compression at now

im running 19cc on stock crank and ported cylinders and i do dunes, drag and everything in between..i run 91 and never had an issue..big weekends i do a 50/50 mix of race fuel and 91.

Why race fuel mix on "Big Weekends"?

it seems i pull a bit harder up the hill running a bit higher octane

If you can FEEL the difference….then your motor needs it ALL the time. Especially if you hot lap the bike.

• Like 1

91 octane does the job..ill get up on banshees with oof pipes running 91...at almost $90 a container for an hour ride, it doesnt make sense..I never fouled a plug, seized an engine and my set up has out lasted many banshees..easily run 2 maybe 3 seasons on same top end..at end of 3rd season ill just redo the engine(maybe itll last another season but piece of mind outweighs risk)

im running 19cc on stock crank and ported cylinders and i do dunes, drag and everything in between..i run 91 and never had an issue..big weekends i do a 50/50 mix of race fuel and 91.

Your logic is flawed. I lost a lot of cylinder life and a top end when my engine detonated like their was no tomorrow. I had 19 domes in my 4mil running 93 pump gas. It needed higher octane.

Also dont understand mixing more octane on "big weekends". Then in post #23, saying 91 octane pump gas does fine without any issues. My guess is it wouldnt be burning as efficient with higher octane fuel therefor hurting performance.

I would say trial and error..my bike is an all purpose bike and I get on it in the dunes(uphill drags, straight drags,) 91 octane runs does the job. I have never seized an engine or dropped a cylinder due to octane. 19 cc dome and my bike is 91 friendly

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not getting into an arguement about dome size and octane but rider weight , pipe design and how well the pipe works with your particular port design , how lean and tuned you run your bike , timing , dome design ,even base gasket thickness are all variables that can make a motor detonate or NOT detonate. Off the shelf pro design domes are pretty mild in design. If you get domes from a builder that designs them to higher squish velocity or with a 1/2-1mm wider squish band then they will be much more prone to detonation even if the CC is the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Radar Racing, not many can argue with you as your making alot of sense, all 19cc domes are not alike as you said, once the exhaust port is raised now things are very different, I have 15 19cc domes from 4mm wide squish to 12mm they all require different set ups but I see time and time again people say I'm going racing and run race gas and are actually slowing down their vehicle.