tools to maintain my shee

Here is the deal. I have put some money into my shee on a rebuild. I have replaced just about every major part. Thing is, I wanna make sure I have the tools to make checks and maintain my shee. Psi gauge, fuel.mixture. I believe I made a mistake last year by just mixing up 5 gallons and letti g it sit for a while as to where gas waters down after time. I ran 32-1. So im gon a mix less amounts this year. Is there like a Preventative maintenance category in my clymer? Where can I pick up a gauge at?

A good compression tester (i like my Snap-On one but its a bit pricey.)

Build a leak down tester (theres a thread on how to build one)

A carb sinc. tool ( F.A.S.T. Sells them and there a site sponsor)post-38400-13627291100076_thumb.jpg

This is the leak down tester i made If it helps.

TON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clymers

Flywheel puller

Home made leakdown tester

Carb sync tool

Clutch hold tool

spark plug gapper

ratio cup

cable lube tool

Main helpful things off the top of my head.

Don't forget the twelve pack of beer.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

nice. i knew a psi gage was important. i will do some research tonight when i get off work and look at the leak down testers on here. im gonna be running 19cc domes @ about 900 ft above sea level. guess i can mix a galon of 110 with 93 octane. or could i just run 93? i just want to make sure that i get every ounce of life out of my bike and not help destroy it. if that makes sense lol...

Clymers

Flywheel puller

Home made leakdown tester

Carb sync tool

Clutch hold tool

spark plug gapper

ratio cup

cable lube tool

Main helpful things off the top of my head.

Don't forget the twelve pack of beer.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Both of these are good ideas....

Another good tool to add to that list.....

this website....just keep it in your back pocket. Just about any answer you could need is here somewhere. Now, you may very well not find it in the shoutbox, and it could absolutely take you a few hours to find it using the search, but the answer is here somewhere.

Dunno what leaning out your fuel mixture ratio is going to do for preventative maintenance. I have run 32:1 forever, like alot of guys do and never had an issue.

the number one thing for a shee as far as maintenance is a brain..

LISTEN to the bike  if its not running right, sounds weird or you have some gas thats been sitting around for 6 months mixxed thats not a good thing.  stop the bike and figure out whats wrong and go from there.

keep the filter CLEAN and change the bottom end oil often.  also  one of the better things to do as far as transmission life is shift through every gear everytime you ride.  on your first ride.  also keep everything adjusted right!  clutch, throttle cables, etc.  use 50/50 mix of antifreeze and use a good oil. 32-1 is a great mix ratio.  and rember  these motors just wear out.  they are steel and alluminum in the older 2 stroke books they actually recomended tearing a motor completely down and redoing cranks every year YIKES  so they are not bullet proof.

if the motor was rebuilt by an experienced banshee mechanic, built to spec installed and tuned corectly you shouldnt need all those other tools.  if every 6 months or so you want to check your synch, do a leak test, and check compression thats not a horrible idear. 

alo i agree with the credit card statement ha ha

19cc domes at 900' is going to put you over what 93 octane can handle......at that point your going to need either a mix of race/premium pump or straight race fuel. 

As cam said...use your brain.  These bikes are a world of fun....if you pay attention to them. 

• Like 1

the number one thing for a shee as far as maintenance is a brain..

LISTEN to the bike  if its not running right, sounds weird or you have some gas thats been sitting around for 6 months mixxed thats not a good thing.  stop the bike and figure out whats wrong and go from there.

keep the filter CLEAN and change the bottom end oil often.  also  one of the better things to do as far as transmission life is shift through every gear everytime you ride.  on your first ride.  also keep everything adjusted right!  clutch, throttle cables, etc.  use 50/50 mix of antifreeze and use a good oil. 32-1 is a great mix ratio.  and rember  these motors just wear out.  they are steel and alluminum in the older 2 stroke books they actually recomended tearing a motor completely down and redoing cranks every year YIKES  so they are not bullet proof.

if the motor was rebuilt by an experienced banshee mechanic, built to spec installed and tuned corectly you shouldnt need all those other tools.  if every 6 months or so you want to check your synch, do a leak test, and check compression thats not a horrible idear. 

alo i agree with the credit card statement ha ha

XX2^^^

I also agree with the credit card LMAO :rotflmao:

your going to need at least a mix.  it all depends what your compression and squish and elevation are.....  The best would be to call up whatever builder your going to purchase the domes off of and ask them.....they'll be able to set you up with what you need.

You can use a small impact gun to loosen/tighten the nut on the clutch basket.

When building a new motor, i like to have solder to measure my squish. I work in a machine shop getting a set of calipers to measure that is easy too. I also own a set of ID mics to measure bore etc. That's not really needed though.