Need some motor suggestions

Hey guys. This is my first post. I recently aquired a free banshee. I bought a used motor and I need some suggestions. The cylinders are in good shape and measure 65.25 with 150 lbs compression. It has a cool head with 22 cc domes, and stock stroke. I ride track/trails. Should I just get these stock cylinders ported or sell them and buy a big bore kit? I saw the athena kit on ebay. I can get them ported for 375 or I can sell them with cool head for around 300. So basically I would be spending about the same amount of cash. I have a 4mm ported 240 blaster and I know the vitos kit is not that good out of the box (Needs port work.) Is there any BBK that would be good out of the box? I will also need some carb suggestions. Like I said I'm new to the banshee world and don't really know about the popular setups yet. So if you were in my shoes what would you do?

Just depends on what you are looking for. I would send your cylinders off to a site sponsor and have them look at them and see if they think they are worth porting or not. If they arre already 65.25 and look like they may need bored soon it may not be worth porting them. A serval is a good option as long as you get it setup right. I would not go with the Athena kit becasue that kit needs a lot of work out of the box to make any power. Bigger carbs are not really going to be of any help until you do more motor work. I would stick with the stock carbs look at having your cylinders ported and put a cool head on it and call it a day.

^^^^ sounds like a plan. I have never even ridden a banshee. I just figured I would get it ported while I have the bike in pieces. Here is a picture of my free banshee. It didn't look like this when it was given to me. It had flat tires, no brakes and hideous decals. I'm stripping the rattle can red off soon too. My 4 mm 240 blaster is in the background.

2013030395195227_zpsf15677af.jpg