4 mil stroker problem

ok so my friend just bought this banshee rebulit prob has maybe 14 hours on it its got a 4 mil stroker with cub 68mm cylinders i think. but anyways he was riding it and he pulled over and it died and when he went to start it back up the kickstart was froze up so he had to push start it then when he got home he realized it was making a ticking sound but the kick starter is no longer froze but a little harder to start... and ideas what that ticking is and why it froze up. any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS!!!!!

Yeah, looking under the clutch cover is a good start. But you said there is now a chatter after a short term seize. I've had my bike seize up and once it cooled down it would kick again so I thought it was the pistons. So I get it home and kick it on the compression gauge and it was fine. I put my little makita scope and video screen down the plug holes and it looked great. So I get on it and kicker over and go for a diagnosis cruise. Of course nothing showed its face till I get out of my sub and on the dirt road once I gave it some throttle. Seized up again. I pushed it home and ripped it apart and the bushing out side rod end took a dive.