non compatible cdi?

general_lee_banshee

hey guys ive got a problem with my banshee , i recently blew of of my stator so i replaced it with a new one , i replaced the cdi box as well but the cdi was for the newer plug so i chopped the wires and put the older style plug on it , i got nice sparks ,my father is a snomobile mechanic and told me it could be the cdi that isnt compatible with the older style stator ,it sounds like the timming is way off . and i think one side fires when the piston in down in the cylinder. could this be possible? ive tried new plugs , cleaned the carbs , put back my timming to 0 and it still does it any help would be apreciated im about to give up on this peice of shit

here a video of it

Far as I know all the CID boxes are the same just the plugs are different . You said you changed the stator. Did you set the pick up coil gap? Also did you put the fly wheel key back in or it could of broke the key and the fly wheel is ouft of time. Keep us posted and good luck.