cleaning the motor

1635497banshee

i just bought this 97 banhsee  that  i would say was only ever ran in a swamp and never washed lol   i pulled the motor out of the thing to try and clean all the  shit off it   i been using super clean  and a tooth brush  which is working alright   but i cant get into the  tight spots with it  i was wondering if anyone had  any ideas  on how to do this and also if there is an easier way or faster way   better cleaner  etc  thanks 

alright thaks ill try that dont no bout the dishwasher just put a brand new one in a week ago the ol lady prolly cut my nuts i go throwin that in there haha

hahah, when I cleaned mine I used a variety of things, I get like OCD so it came out really nice but I used wire brushes, scotch bright, tooth pics, cue tips, super clean and razor blades to get and adhesives off. Then to make it look decent i used motors to bring a glimmer out but didn't polish :)

I use rubber plugs on the exhaust ports and balloons on the intake. Hell you can use balloons on both. Do this and you can use an electric power washer. It's the only serious way to quickly get all the shit off an old motor.

You could get prolly 90% of all the grime off this way for the other 10% get some cheap 3 for a dollar paint brushes and get in there with the cleaner of your choice.

The cheapest ones with the stiffest bristles are the best for this.