idles fine cold but not when warm

Basicorpse

I just bought a 2001 banshee and it idles fine when cold but after it warms up it wont idle without me holding down the thumb throttle. I think that the tors system has been removed along with the parking brake. Also the snorkle on the air box has been removed as well. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

It should idle warm if it idles cold though. Adjust the air screws to the right sides. The little brass screw closer to the intake boot. Screw them out a little, maybe a .5 turn or even a full turn. Do this to both carbs and that'll lean out the idle circuit a little.

The little air screws are on the left sides of the carbs facing the atv from the back. The idle screws are on the outsides of the carbs, so the left carb will have both screws on the same side, but the right carb will have the air screw on the left and idle screw on the right......Hope that didn't confuse you...Right?!!!

No not at all. Actually it was quite helpful thanks! I just assumed the idle screw for the left carb would be in the same place as it is on the right carb, next to the air screw.

I just won a set of t5s and fmf silencers off ebay for $90. What jet size should I start out with at an elevation of 1000 feet. I also have the stock airbox with the snorkle removed.

No not at all.  Actually it was quite helpful thanks!  I just assumed the idle screw for the left carb would be in the same place as it is on the right carb, next to the air screw.  

I just won a set of t5s and fmf silencers off ebay for $90.  What jet size should  I start out with at an elevation of 1000 feet.  I also have the stock airbox with the snorkle removed.

W/ the lid on the air box. STart w/ a 300 main. If you can take the lid off, or cut the end of the lid about 1.5" right behind the clips so you still have all four clips to hold the cover on, then I'd start w/ 320 mains....