What do you guys think?

You either have bad luck or you suck at maintaining shit.

I bought my YFZ brand new in February 2006. Since then it's had one piston put in it and had the valves checked once. I change the oil like twice a year. It still runs pretty good and I really beat on my shit.

Bad luck I reckon. But I really dislike how picky it is to changes. Just a slip on and it was poppin and shooting flames. Adjust needle and re-jet fixes it. K&N Air filter, runs like shit, change main jet, move needle again. Modify airbox, runs like shit, adjust mixture screw, change pilot and its fixed. Just irritated at how sensitive it is.

are we really talking about 4 strokes here?? vs racing a banshee... 

here is my humble opinion..   trails a 700 raptor NOT 660!!!  is a great machine.   if you like to just put around.  but then again  so is a golf cart.....

the 250r is a fun hobby bike.  its extremely outdated and in my opinion an antique design that is nearly impossible to get some trans parts for  including cases.  ( unless you dont mind spending big bucks)

as far as MX racing  any of the top current 4 stroke atv's would pound the 250r into the ground.  the suzuki 450 alone has WAY better ergo's and the motors are so smooth that even box stock i'd rather race one than a comparable 250r..  current 450's box stock race version is even much better.  plus easy to get parts for..    the bombardier 450 is a bad ass as far as design and tech goes. 

but in a "drag race"  i'd always take a banshee over all of them..   to me personally  its the king of the 2 strokes.  of course  this is my opinion.. 

• Like 1

are we really talking about 4 strokes here?? vs racing a banshee... 

here is my humble opinion..   trails a 700 raptor NOT 660!!!  is a great machine.   if you like to just put around.  but then again  so is a golf cart.....

the 250r is a fun hobby bike.  its extremely outdated and in my opinion an antique design that is nearly impossible to get some trans parts for  including cases.  ( unless you dont mind spending big bucks)

as far as MX racing  any of the top current 4 stroke atv's would pound the 250r into the ground.  the suzuki 450 alone has WAY better ergo's and the motors are so smooth that even box stock i'd rather race one than a comparable 250r..  current 450's box stock race version is even much better.  plus easy to get parts for..    the bombardier 450 is a bad ass as far as design and tech goes. 

but in a "drag race"  i'd always take a banshee over all of them..   to me personally  its the king of the 2 strokes.  of course  this is my opinion.. 

Yea an 86 250r is just a dinosaur compared to an 87 banshee design that barely ever changed

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lol that's what I said I that yfzs are the fastest 450s but my buddies has a 450r bone stock and like I said it tops out at 84 and emmbaress yfzs out here in maimi and I'm trying to get a banshee I just can't find a good trail bike fir a reasonable price the problem here in Miami people build alot of drag banshee for the street and I'm looking for a trail/ harescramble set up because I like to ride trails and once in a while in a blue moon I'll drag it cus I'm not to into that I rather put people who don't know how to ride on a serious missing when riding trails with a properly built banshee cus back when I had my old shee I remember when the 450s starting coming out I ust to put all my buddies on a mission on a banshee with just t5 and uni filter lol the 4 pokes couldn't even catch up even in tight trails they just get rooster or we say it in Miami cus there's alot of gravel down here "rocked" lol but If I can't find a shee I'm really thinking about the 250r cus honestly I had a raptor 700 recently sold after owning it 2 weeks to boring so I know ima 2 stroke guy but I kinda like 450s because there snappy kinda but idk i really think 4 strokes are boring until like I said you can always count on a Honda utility but I would love to stick to yamaha cus I love there sport quads to me they can't be beat but some mechanics say different they lean toward Honda 450r but the 450s to me don't replace a good old 2 strokes powerband !!!!

Either it is very modded or has some tall sprockets or your radar gun is fucked. Oh and as far as 450s go, I had an 08 yfz and then bought a ltr with a bent stem for cheap. The LTR walked all over the yfz in every aspect. I originally bought the ltr to flip and ended up selling the yfz. IMO the LTR is still the baddest 450 around,

Lol that's what I said I that yfzs are the fastest 450s but my buddies has a 450r bone stock and like I said it tops out at 84 and emmbaress yfzs out here in maimi and I'm trying to get a banshee I just can't find a good trail bike fir a reasonable price the problem here in Miami people build alot of drag banshee for the street and I'm looking for a trail/ harescramble set up because I like to ride trails and once in a while in a blue moon I'll drag it cus I'm not to into that I rather put people who don't know how to ride on a serious missing when riding trails with a properly built banshee cus back when I had my old shee I remember when the 450s starting coming out I ust to put all my buddies on a mission on a banshee with just t5 and uni filter lol the 4 pokes couldn't even catch up even in tight trails they just get rooster or we say it in Miami cus there's alot of gravel down here "rocked" lol but If I can't find a shee I'm really thinking about the 250r cus honestly I had a raptor 700 recently sold after owning it 2 weeks to boring so I know ima 2 stroke guy but I kinda like 450s because there snappy kinda but idk i really think 4 strokes are boring until like I said you can always count on a Honda utility but I would love to stick to yamaha cus I love there sport quads to me they can't be beat but some mechanics say different they lean toward Honda 450r but the 450s to me don't replace a good old 2 strokes powerband !!!!

I search the above and found not a single period, comma, or line break.  A single, 300 word sentence.  It is absolutely impossible to read.  If you can't punctuate, at least limit what you type.

• Like 1