New to Banshee's

Power_Man

Just picked up my first banshee after many years of dreaming. I nabbed me a 2003 LE that looks to be 100% stock.

Compression read out at 121 both sides. (IMO a little low, but will do me a season i assume).

So as i read on here, i need to get pipes, mod air box and timing plate.

I will be riding mainly trails, and the ODD sand pit.

What kind of pipe should i be looking for Nothing to $$$.

How should i mod airbox, once again, it is stock.

Link to a timing plate?

I downloaded the jetting guide from here, so i can figure that out later. but i ride around 500m Elevation and will mainly be 80-100*f  weather.

Thanks

If you dont ride in mud or water ditch the airbox for pods if bot get a pro flow with k&n, i got a adjustable timmin plate ill sell ya it brand new , and for pipes if your not into drag racin and you want good all around power id go for t5s or pro circuit. For tight trails and mx id use pt mids. So if you bump the timming and add a good set of pipes youll wake her up

If your worried about spending money on pipes you might as well sell it and buy a guitar to keep yourself entertained. You have just purchased something that requires cubic dollars.

Well im not worried, but im not dropping $700.00 on a set of pipes for a machine that will be used a few times a monthj, as it will compete for my time with the Sea-doo. :)

And make sure you have a big garage, cause these thing multiply like rabbits. Before you know it, you'll have 3 more and a couple of parts bikes.

Garage is 20x30, think im covered there. ;)

If you dont ride in mud or water ditch the airbox for pods if bot get a pro flow with k&n, i got a adjustable timmin plate ill sell ya it brand new , and for pipes if your not into drag racin and you want good all around power id go for t5s or pro circuit. For tight trails and mx id use pt mids. So if you bump the timming and add a good set of pipes youll wake her up

I dont PLAN on riding in it much, but i will probably see the odd water/mud hole. so ill get teh flow pro with K&N. i can put some slots in the box to allow more air flow.

My buddy has a nice clean set of pro circuit for sale too let me know if your interested

Pm Me price if they will be suitable for trail riding.

120 is good if its stock.. its right where it should be at!

For pipes look into getting Paul Turner High Revs, Pro circuits or DMC 916's IMO

For the airbox... if you are trail riding just removed the lid and get a pro flow adapter

post some pics and where abouts in Ontario you from?.

Im in Trenton.

Not a bad looking bike. 120 psi is not low at all for a stock bike. Find yourself a set of T5 pipes or FMF pipes either one will work great. O an last thing is listen to nothing Ride Race Live says becasue his shit is always broke down :whistling:

Not a bad looking bike. 120 psi is not low at all for a stock bike. Find yourself a set of T5 pipes or FMF pipes either one will work great. O an last thing is listen to nothing Ride Race Live says becasue his shit is always broke down :whistling:
I just thought it was low compared to BRP that usually run 150PSI. Lots of FMF pipes on eBay. I'll also check them out.

Do yourself a favor. Sell it ASAP

Why do you say that?

I have a airbox with proflow fs in the fs section if your interestedSent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Pm sent.

the stock motors push about 125psi when fresh rebuilt........so 121 is no where near rebuild status.  I run fmf fattys on my bike and like em a lot....they're not bad just some don't care for them. 

make sure you get a clymers manual for the bike.....its worth its weight in gold.  Also don't forget to rejet the carbs.....anytime you change something that makes it inhale or exhale easier you have to rejet. 

And a 20x30 garage to share with the sea-doo isn't big enough.....your going to need at least a 20x30 for the banshee itself.....remember these things can be FULLY dismantled...body and all.