Pic of my busted top end...what comes next

LanceG60

I got the quad like 2 weeks ago and it really hasnt run perfect, so I got aggrivated tonight and pulled the head. Here is what I found.

530396_1431594228973480203_vl.jpg

(Look at the bottom of the left piston)

So what would be the best top end kit for me to get? I have a cool head and was told they are 19cc domes in there but how can I be sure? If I posted a pic would someone be able to tell? I don't want to go crazy with the rebuid...just wanna get it back to running so I can have some fun. Believe it or not I was having fun with how fast it was like that...I can't imagine what it will be like with some compression. Any info would be awesome. Thanks.

im pretty sure dlnoss or screemin shee might be able to tell .. there are so many member who can tell . its hard to list em all .. they all know who they are ... what elevation are u at ? where u runnin just pump gas ?..those domes are borderline race fuel at certain elevations.. if u are at sea level id say thats what caused the piston to look like that , once your compression is high u need to run race fuel or av gas ..

recreation unlimited can sell you a whole kit including bearings for 140 shipped to your door. The domes should have a number on the side of them. You'll have to pull your jugs off to really see what happened. Mine kind of looked like that. Mine lost a ring on the upstroke so it was kind of opposite of what yours was. Pull the jugs and take some more pics of the piston. Any cylinder wall scoring?

Ok well I picked up a Wiseco top end kit, an o-ring kit for my cool head, and the cyl's are getting honed out as we speak. Is there anything else I should have to do before I start putting it all back together besides cleaning everything up? And if I switch to 20 or 22cc domes, would I notice a power loss? They told me the reason I'm buying a top end is because I wasnt running race gas...so I'm wondering if its worth it to have to buy race gas and keep these domes. I just wanna have fun with the thing and drive it a lot, and when gas is gonna be $40 for 5 gallons that might not be able to happen. I kinda like paying $5 and blasting around on the thing for 6 hours.

go to nossmachine.com, he's got a compression chart for your elevation. I'd go with a set of domes that you'll be able to run regular fuel, if not a little race thrown in there until it drops a little compression. If you dont have your crank welded I wouldnt recommend the higher compression. The higher the compression the less your top end is gonna last.

The power loss wont be that great, maybe a horse or two and you can gain that back in other places. You might feel a little loss in low end torque as well.

yeah, it happens. Its not good to get it down in your crankcase but it happens, as long as its not like a quart down there, it'll just burn up when you start it up. If you got a lot you could always drain the trans, pull it out of the chassis and turn it upside down.