Banshee vs. 2013 Raptor

Scooter350

HEH! Can´t give much info, but my 54/64 kept my buddys 66 horse Raptor behind by 0.2 in 1/8.

He was behind when he had 55 horses when we raced on ~500ft sand/gravel

We have this Banshee vs 700 Raptor -thing going on here... he´s a good friend of mine.

Now he is building a 787 with 30 shot to make sure that I will stay behind...LOL!

...damn, I need to do something.

Eh fuck that 4 poke Pipes, porting +4 timing bigger carbs first off you could probably take him.

Ive got the +4 timing wanta do a port job with "better than stock carbs" my pipes and jet kit come in today!

Parts and labor into my bike at this point

$250 for bore and replate to 105.5mm

$200 for 12.5:1 105.5 piston

$1000 in the head (That includes porting, +1 valves, high performance springs, Web4 cam)

$40 for my intake setup (I made my own KN proflow. It pays to have a machinist in the family)

$650 Barker Big Bore duals (Got a good deal. Theyre usually about 750-800)

$300 for PC5

$200 for dynotune

$100 for gaskets

Thats what? About 2500-ish? Somebody else can do the math. For 71hp on pump gas and plenty of room to grow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The old Raptors can be very impressive also. My dad has one that pulled 66-67 (686cc) hp on Relines dyno, that was before the new dyna ignition box was installed that is supposed to pull some timing for about another 2-3 hp. It is a damn hard bike to outrun for most mildly built banshees. It destroys most bikes out of the hole, and by the time they all get going its too late. Raptors can be impressive for sure.

O.K. guys sounds like we are comparing apples to oranges here. IMO these two quads are very opposite of one another. I own a 04 Banshee dune ported etc. etc. and a 06 Raptor with the perverbial "Big Three". The Banshee is a 70hp machine the Raptor Im quessing 50-55hp, the Banshee will run circles all day around the Raptor build but you put a 70hp Raptor up to my Banshee I would get stepped on all day. Them Big Bore Raptors with a little port work like what Cuervo Racing does $400 for a 68hp Duner is no sluff, ported or not  Raptors have unreal TQ .Dont overlook them Raptors they are Damn tough quads I would really love to send my motor to Daniel and have him set it up for a all out Drag motor buuuut this is my wifes ride. Back to the Banshees its like building a Small Block Chevy engine it dont cost much for good HP. A piped with decent pipes and jetted Banshee should take a Big Three Raptor but not by much. Everybody has their opinion but this is how I see it.

O.K. guys sounds like we are comparing apples to oranges here. IMO these two quads are very opposite of one another. I own a 04 Banshee dune ported etc. etc. and a 06 Raptor with the perverbial "Big Three". The Banshee is a 70hp machine the Raptor Im quessing 50-55hp, the Banshee will run circles all day around the Raptor build but you put a 70hp Raptor up to my Banshee I would get stepped on all day. Them Big Bore Raptors with a little port work like what Cuervo Racing does $400 for a 68hp Duner is no sluff, ported or not  Raptors have unreal TQ .Dont overlook them Raptors they are Damn tough quads I would really love to send my motor to Daniel and have him set it up for a all out Drag motor buuuut this is my wifes ride. Back to the Banshees its like building a Small Block Chevy engine it dont cost much for good HP. A piped with decent pipes and jetted Banshee should take a Big Three Raptor but not by much. Everybody has their opinion but this is how I see it.

+1 This has been my experience. Can't say that I disagree with too much of what you have typed up. Good observation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

what does a stock a-arm'ed banshee and raptor 700 weigh?

Also do aftermarket swing arms, lighter axels and wider a-arms help a lot with weight reduction on a banshee? I'm debating shedding some weight on mine while i do a rebuild.

big 3 mod  wow..

for 2500 bucks in a banshee motor you can have a decent running 350cc or possibly even a lil cub.  if you did all the work yourself deff a cub and most likely with a "machinist"  in the family a lil more could be done..  you could be knocking on the door of a 10mill cub for that range..

plus the used banshee woldnt cost 3500+..  

dont get me wrong  the rappy 700 is a bad ass atv for sure.  in my opinion its a bad ass for drag set up compared to the weak as hell 450's

the stock rappy motor with a lockup will handle a 50 shot of NOS.