hello

Hey every one i just wanted to introduce myself im.new to the forums and as of 2 days ago finaly a banshee owner. Ive been obsessed with banshees for the last 5 years ever since my friend let me drive his , it was the first four wheeler I had ever driven and I was hooked from that moment on lol I just had to have one but could never find one with a price tag under 3 grand so I settled for the 300/400 ex for a few years and then moved on to the banshees little half retarded sister the blaster but mo matter how many mods I put on it ,it was never the sameas that magical first ride of the banshee , hell even one of my blasters I put a yamaha it 490 motor and it still wasnt the same. It wasnt intill 2 days ago I got a call about my 05 blaster that I put on craigslist that a guy offered me a 99 banshee that needed a top end rebuild so it was a no brainer to me I did the deal without thinking twice , I paced my living room floor for 2 hours waiting for the banshee to be brought to me , you would swear I was a soon to be dad pacing the waiting room of a hoslital waiting for his babh to be born. Finaly it pulled into my driveway and soon the deal was done and the guy was on his way. It wasnt more the 2 minutes after the guy left that the rebuild began and boy was I horrified and sadend by what I saw to what these people tried to do , 2 different length pistons sat inside this engine what they were thinking im not sure , but none the less the banshee was loaded right up to be dropped off to be bored because the cylinder walls were so scared up so now I sit here and wait for it to come back home so I can put the new piston kit on and finaly enjoy being a banshee owner and rider

Welcome to the addiction. I can understand your anticipation to jump on it and ride, but there's a few things you need to consider. If it's had that rough of a life, there's an excellent chance that the crank needs help. Even if the crank is good, you don't know if it's been trued and welded without splitting the cases. If the crank lets go, it will destroy your fresh topend. No matter what path you take, DO A LEAKDOWN TEST, after the motor is back together. Clean the carbs and check to see what jets are in there. Put a wrench on every single nut and bolt on the bike. You don't want a suspension bolt falling out when you're in 6th gear pinned.

Welcome to the addiction. I can understand your anticipation to jump on it and ride, but there's a few things you need to consider. If it's had that rough of a life, there's an excellent chance that the crank needs help. Even if the crank is good, you don't know if it's been trued and welded without splitting the cases. If the crank lets go, it will destroy your fresh topend. No matter what path you take, DO A LEAKDOWN TEST, after the motor is back together. Clean the carbs and check to see what jets are in there. Put a wrench on every single nut and bolt on the bike. You don't want a suspension bolt falling out when you're in 6th gear pinned.

Been there... Some how lost the castle nut that held my lower a arm in the spindle. And I know it had a cotter pin.