Winchester Bay

llehctim23

It is a fun place to ride. I get bored there pretty quick but there are lots of fun places to ride there. As far I am concerned if I am making the trip down I would continue on down to Coos Bay and ride much bigger dunes.

From winchester bay you can get on the highway and head south 20 min and ride coos bay, or go 30 min north and ride florence. I prefer windy bay and coos bay. They don't have to be titled and licensed but you need to get an off road sticker. They are $10.50.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been sound checked at Windy bay, spinreel, houser or horse fall. It could happen. I heard a few of the problem rangers got switched out for diffent ranger cops and they are much better. Windy bay is fun but in my opinion I like spinreel and houser the best. More areas to ride and better tree shots.

• Like 1

Im planning on taking my wife to Coos bay in june/july.  Found a place called dune haven that has some good rates.  She is concerned that she is still too new to the sort to be able to ride there.  How is the riding there for newer riders?  Will we both able to enjoy riding there?  I dont think she will be able to climb many steep hills,  shes new and has a trx 250 lol.  

I wanna go so bad, but wanna have fun as well.  any idea how a - length swingarm works in the dunes?

Im planning on taking my wife to Coos bay in june/july.  Found a place called dune haven that has some good rates.  She is concerned that she is still too new to the sort to be able to ride there.  How is the riding there for newer riders?  Will we both able to enjoy riding there?  I dont think she will be able to climb many steep hills,  shes new and has a trx 250 lol.  

I wanna go so bad, but wanna have fun as well.  any idea how a - length swingarm works in the dunes?

Coos Bay is a good place to ride for everybody. You will both a blast. There are a few big hills but always a way around them. Your -1.5 swinger would work but would make climbing some of the steep stuff a little tricky.

Coos Bay is a good place to ride for everybody. You will both a blast. There are a few big hills but always a way around them. Your -1.5 swinger would work but would make climbing some of the steep stuff a little tricky.

cool thanks man.  Were gonna go at the end of june, staying at "dune haven"  looks like the perfect spot.