WTF alky bogging really bad

badbanshee509

If I missed this sorry, but did you change your plugs to b9's and gap them to 18 to 19 thousands?

I went through this and after detonation issues and redoing the topend we figure out it was lean.

Are you blowing fuel out the pipes when you Rev it? If not I would say lean.

i changed my plugs twice and it did the same thing, i used NGK BR8ES 3961 sparkplugs on my bike persay my mechanic, and no i did not gap them, took them right out of the box and used them, that what my mechanic told me to do, he has been drag racing for atleast 7 years with banshees so thats the route i took, should i gap them?

i changed my plugs twice and it did the same thing, i used NGK BR8ES 3961 sparkplugs on my bike persay my mechanic, and no i did not gap them, took them right out of the box and used them, that what my mechanic told me to do, he has been drag racing for atleast 7 years with banshees so thats the route i took, should i gap them?

Hell yes. Stop by the auto parts store and spend $5 on some br or just plain old b9es plugs. Gap them at 18 thousends and try that. This may not be your problem but at least you'll be running the right plugs.

• Like 1

Best advice I can give you. Go back to gas.

dont listen to this guy  ^^^.  he is new.

dont know if this could be your prob, but i was running out of fuel as soon as i clicked 4th gear before.  def was a fuel prob, was running out.  ordered billet bowls and it instantly solved my prob. 

just a thought.  alky isn't that hard, just gotta play with it.

and to be honist with you guys, my mechanic is/was the fastest cub cylinder 10 mil here in orlando florida before some one recently broke into his shop and stole his bike, he is also know for the fastest 18 mill DM street racing also so (shop name: El Domi Racing) youtube it......im sure he knows his stuff, but while at his shop with my bike trying to figure out the problem, he would keep telling me it was something in my wire harness but my bike was starting with the first kick no problem. wouldent he be able to tell if it was to lean or ritch by the sound of it?, but he would keep hoping that it would eventually clear out some how by continusly reving it, it reves pretty evenly untill at full throttle then then you can hear a little bit of sputtering/brakeup at WOT, Low to Mid reving sounds perfect, i honistly think it is jeting problems with the carbs after reading up on some other fourms but wont be able to tell till i get my pancake put in. i will surly check the sparkplug color when i get started again, Me and my mechanic are really cool so i wouldnt think he would steer me wrong, but who knows........

I am new to the alcohol application as well. I have lectrons and I will never go back. It's not rocket science to get them dialed in.

Do you have Billett Bowls? I think Springer may have called it :)

Good luck

Troy

no i have the plastic see through bowls, i was running this set up on this motor befor with no problem, the peoblem began when i got my frame powdercoated and started putting the bike back together with different pipes, i went from CPI out frames to RDZ pipes out frame, i didnt touch the settings on the carbs at all, just slaped them on with the new pipes

Are you certain you have a good ground? If you just PCd the frame you will need to grind off the PC and make sure you have a good ground on your coil and motor.

i did grind down the coil brackets for good ground but i did not do it for the motor, were would the motor ground be if all the motor mounts have rubber bushings in them gor vibration? also i still do need to ground the black wire and i think the brown wire from the computer harness, idk, but if they wernt grounded correctly, i dont think the bike would have started rite?

dont listen to this guy  ^^^.  he is new.

dont know if this could be your prob, but i was running out of fuel as soon as i clicked 4th gear before.  def was a fuel prob, was running out.  ordered billet bowls and it instantly solved my prob. 

just a thought.  alky isn't that hard, just gotta play with it.

yeah but this is happening at full throttle in every gear starting with 1-5, it happends when the bike it at high RPM in the high range, when i pen the throttle from low to mid range the throttle response is crisp but past mid to high is when it starts getting really choppyin every gear, no power at all.....

Unless you find out its in your harness, which I don't see happening but maybe(not ruling that out completely), if your breaking up in the top end RPMs its possible that its detonating and not getting enough fuel, to much timing, too much compression and timing together etc etc.

Ive actually had this happen to me once, all I did was change domes and la la, my bike started breaking up in the top end. Not long after that it was motor rebuild time lol, not kidding. It could be just a pipe change, dome change, timing change, blah blah. Its just enough to cause your motor to detonate before it should.

Box gap plugs are fine. If your running forced induction then gapping them is needed. If your running NA pull them from the box and install them in the bike.

I totally agree. This is kind of a side note, but if you have to gap your plugs down to nothing, it usually means your ignition is getting weak. The only vehicle Ive ever owned that I had to gap the plugs on was my 03 Cobra that was shoving 16 atmospheres into the combustion chamber(blower motor). I tried one time running it with out closing the gap on the plugs and as soon as I looked at WOT it fucking did all kinds of crazy shit that sounded like a 1000 hp supra hitting a 10 grand rev limiter. Anyways you should not have spark blow out with a NA motor. Blower, turbo, twin screw, centrifugal that is a different story.