Decking CP Industries cylinders.

Hmm. A few years ago Iouie was telling me he still had a couple early 78mm small blocks with he PV's. Always been on my mind. Just not to keen on having a drag guy handle my porting.

This right here proves you have no idea what you're doing.

So you don't think builders that do drag porting can port you a set of cylinders for circle track?

Seems a little absurd to me.

So you don't think builders that do drag porting can port you a set of cylinders for circle track?

i thought you already knew. all the builders outsource their porting to China.

There are builders who definitely know the motor I want. I know that for a fact. But I want the guys with trophys doing my kind of racing doing my motor so it's right the first time. Most builders can handle almost any task on the CP Industries stuff, but some tend to shy away from the twister stuff.

You would be surprised how many motors I've seen done by RDZ or A&S, FAST, HJR, even a K&T cub that were supposed to be set up for flat track and they are so high strung and come on way to hard they just blow the tires off. The only way some of those motors even stood a chance was on big half mile tracks. Don't even bother rolling them off the trailer for the short tracks. And yes these we're all supposed to be set up for oval/TT riders. So no, I don't think just because a they are more in to drag means they can't port, but it means they would probably be making more of an educated guess as to what will actually work.

The point I'm making is that I just don't wanna be someone's guinea pig experiment and have to pay to do it twice.

There are builders who definitely know the motor I want. I know that for a fact. But I want the guys with trophys doing my kind of racing doing my motor so it's right the first time. Most builders can handle almost any task on the CP Industries stuff, but some tend to shy away from the twister stuff.

You would be surprised how many motors I've seen done by RDZ or A&S, FAST, HJR, even a K&T cub that were supposed to be set up for flat track and they are so high strung and come on way to hard they just blow the tires off. The only way some of those motors even stood a chance was on big half mile tracks. Don't even bother rolling them off the trailer for the short tracks. And yes these we're all supposed to be set up for oval/TT riders. So no, I don't think just because a they are more in to drag means they can't port, but it means they would probably be making more of an educated guess as to what will actually work.

The point I'm making is that I just don't wanna be someone's guinea pig experiment and have to pay to do it twice.

I hear ya sounds like you want the same kinda power as me smooth power and plenty of it

It sound to me like you guys want a big 4-stroke. Maybe a Raptor?

You want 10mm power out of a 4mm. Yea, I want 18mm power out of a 10mm also, but it can't happen.

Sure it does:

10mm serval is 60 ft lbs. at 99 HP on pump

4mm DM is 60ft lbs+ at 110 HP race gas

So not sure what type of point you're trying to make but I'm not trying to sign up for the new raptor forum!

I

Sure it does:

10mm serval is 60 ft lbs. at 99 HP on pump

4mm DM is 60ft lbs+ at 110 HP race gas

So not sure what type of point you're trying to make but I'm not trying to sign up for the new raptor forum!

I

Then it seems you've answered your own question, right?

Build the 4DM and be done with it. Shorter stroke and the power curve you want, right?

Ok. But after looking at this, not by much. http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=151801#entry1314016That set of cylinders is almost untouched minus a little clean up. And here is one very well known builder who can definitely better that. Not gonna say names to steer clear of a pissing match, but you seem to like him a lot ; )

Same builder who I was speaking with about a 10 serval and he mentioned it probably wouldn't live and mentioned maybe a 485 cheetah. I just feel like there are to many people spending to much money on the cheetahs just to find out they aren't as impressed as they hoped.

Just don't see why you carry the illusion that if something isn't realitive to you or what your doing that it is nonsense. Yeah if I was climbing hills or drag racing or even duning there would be a 10 mil in my bike.