Another F..k'n Dome Size Question

TIM LUTZ

Just picked up a Chariot shell and I'm torn between 21cc or 20cc domes.  My cylinders sport a nice dune port job with a 1mm raised exhaust port and fresh wisecos. DMC pipes and 30mm PWKs  Live in Columbus (750 ft) but ride in WV (1100 ft)  I'm running a + 4 degree key.  I'm at 125 PSI now (checked at 750 ft.)  with a .020" milled stock head.  

I would like to run 93 pump gas and would not mind mixing in a little (10% - 20%) E85 as I often do to adjust jetting.

Any input would be great.

Thanks all.

my setup is a stock stroke 350 that is dune/play ported by jeff at FAST with FMF fatties, vf2's and used to have a 2-1 air filter.  That being said I also ride at 1100ft and had a .030 shaved head and I was at 130 psi.

I went to a cool head and got a set of 20cc domes and it put me at 156psi in the jugs......which I ran fine on 93 pump fuel. 

Jereme

I just pulled up the CAD file I made when I ported my cylinders. Exhaust port was raised 1.5mm and I did a

staggered transfer port job.  mains at +1mm  secondary's at +.5mm and boost at zero.  I think this is why I'm

only getting 125psi with fresh pistons and a .020 shaved head.  I'm going to guess I'll be at around 148PSI

with the 20cc domes, I hope.

Rule of thumb. You will get about 10 PSI for every CC of dome. So if you know what you already have, do the math from that number. You have 125 psi, so to get roughly 25 psi more you will have to go about 2 1/2 CC smaller on dome. But since you are looking to still be pump fuel safe, just shoot for 2 CC's. If I were you I would steer clear of the Shelf domes from Pro Design. They are ok for the bolt on only bikes, but they leave a lot to be desired as far as performance goes. Call Daveid at NOSS Machine and get your self some real spec domes