What Fuel for dome size

05 LE Shee

/\ I gotta agree with dirty.  Also....if you do get your motor ported....it will naturally cause your compression to drop some.  Nothing to be worried about though.....it happens when the engine builders have to raise the exhaust ports to flow more through the ports.  The stock carbs and 28s will be definitely good for a stock motor or even ported motor bike.  Hell....im running a dune/play port with 20cc domes kicking 156 psi per jug and I run stock carbs.... 

The stock carbs are really over rated......true they could flow more on the top end....but they'll handle all the way up to around 70hp motors before they start to fall behind in the ability to support the power.

Jereme

• 2 weeks later...

ive had this same question......i used to run 20cc domes @ 1400ft on 93 pump......ran great....

i recently went with a 23cc custom cut from a builder and im not too impressed....on 93 

if i went to a 19cc would i still be able to run 93 or have to bump up..... also can i mix pump and race fuel?

i did some searching and couldnt find much on this.... any info from experience is greatly appreciated.....

ive had this same question......i used to run 20cc domes @ 1400ft on 93 pump......ran great....

i recently went with a 23cc custom cut from a builder and im not too impressed....on 93

if i went to a 19cc would i still be able to run 93 or have to bump up..... also can i mix pump and race fuel?

i did some searching and couldnt find much on this.... any info from experience is greatly appreciated.....

I couldn't just say go to the 19 cc domes with out knowing what the motor is cranking. You wouldn't wanna be over 150 psi to run pump fuel and a little timing. So right now do a compression test in both cyls and see where you are at. You can typically get about 10 psi for each cc of dome you remove.
  • Like 1

ok john since u chimed in.......you were the one that cut my domes and recommended the 23cc over 20cc......makes way less powernow....i could tell the first second it started up it wasnt as nasty as before.......im in Cadillac, Mi my elevation varies between 1200 and 1400 usually where i ride.....mostly hill climbs..and trails....i run 93 in it still....with +4 timing....not as peppy....im gonna go back to the off the shelf 20cc i think ...........i have a place local to  buy VP though so i might go 19cc and mix a bit i think