Overide transmission and connecting rod questions.

ric-ross1

well what mods does your bike have that you KNOW about.  odds of having a override are way small if your bike is not a drag bike.  Usually the cranks that break the connecting rod near the big end is due to either poor manufacturing (on mostly aftermarket cranks) abuse, neglect, and SOMETIMES......just plain bad luck.

the guy that sold me the frame with the blown motor said he raced the bike all the time and it didnt come with anything really but frame, blown motor, radiator and gas tank lol. I was wondering because the crank that came with the blown motor broke the same thing just on the other side so i got a used one for cheap and it let go yesturday smh.

On a stock trans, all the gears except 1st gear, have 3 dogs going into 6 dogs. The 1st step to ANY trans mod is to mill out 3 of the 6 dogs on those gears. So, if you have a bunch of gears with 6 dogs, you have a stock trans.

Well said.  And I agree.  I just figured looking at a drum is the best/easiest "eyeball" tell tale of an override...

That...and if you say dog, and he went looking for a leash...LOL.