re-sleeve aftermarket jugs?

Paulie B

I know a guy with a machine shop that would do the work at a sweet price but I have a bunch of questions and I'm looking for opinions, pro's and con's.

Would it be possible to re-sleeve my 10mil jugs from a 68mm to 72mm?

I've heard you need spacer plates top and bottom on stockers but they would just drop in my 10mil jugs without spacer plates correct?

Finally are there sleeves out there with stock porting 68mm or up?

If your cyl is shot I guess it might be worth it if its cheap enough.. east coast atv does this sometimes.. you could also play around with a different rod lenght to bring port timings where you need them if you need a crank as well. So you dont need a spacer plate.

I got a stock head thats custom cut 18cc. Your talking about taking material off the bottom of the jugs right? I wanted to do that from the start but guys were telling me not to.

My guy said he could even make me a sleeve any size any port timing but I didn't even bother to ask how much that would cost. 

stealth jugs?

to go t0 72 would require a top case bore to fit the sleeve.  if the bolt pattern on the cylinder is oem banshee the studs will be to close together to get a good head seal..

if the cylinders are in good shape now  might be some other work to get them to have more bottom end.  specific porting and dome setup might help.  just have to find out where the ports are at now. if youstart playing with rod, and deck hight combo's you have to be careful with the head to piston clearances also.

Thanks man. Yes they have the OEM bolt pattern for the head. If you go by what Windy said they are 198 ex 132 int.

if i were you and wanted to changed those cylinders there are 2 options: 1 you can call vitos get there steel sleeves for the 10mm cyls have them installed and port them how you like, likely be able to start at 66mm bore so you have until 68.25 on blaster pistons. 2 send them to millenium have them strip the nicasil off and weld the tops of the ports, you port them how you like and send them back for plating. ive personally done both ways with the same set of cylinders.

I will call Vitos on Monday about that 10mil sleeve. It's most likely the only 10mil sleeve that doesn't aready come with drag race porting. Starting at 66mm's doesn't bother me that much. I wanted a 10mil stock cylinder a while back but it was more $ then it's worth.

Your second option sounds right too though how much did they charge you for that service?

Thanks mang

Thanks man. Yes they have the OEM bolt pattern for the head. If you go by what Windy said they are 198 ex 132 int.

Just to clearifiy - We did a set of the 4 mill jugs and they degreed out at 198/132.

If the jugs you have are for a 10 mill crank, they might have different timings. But as I recall, this style cylinder comes with timings set pretty high.

I talked to my man and he said he would do the resleeving for and install custom blank sleeves (borable) any timing I want for what I would say is a VERY reasonable price.

He said I could probably go to 70mm's before problems with the head studs. Aw man I love this sport so many options.