Pics of warrior dog bone vs. stock

Dahl87banshee

Always worth a shot! I'm interested on how well that dog bone will work... So please if / once you get it let us know how it goes how much it will drop the bike ext...

Sure thing I'll take pics and measure once I get them

To do it properly, either get a new link like people are suggesting, or shorten your stock rear shock, which is actually the best way to do it. I don't do too much for flat track stuff, mainly because most of them just slap a lowering link on it, since they never jump. I would NEVER recommend jumping on any type of lowering link, whatsoever. I'm sure people do it and have been fine, but I couldn't say "do it" in good conscience.

On +8's for drag bikes, I shorten the shock 3/4", then 1/2" for every 2 inches of swingarm length to keep the bike at "stock" ride height. Yes you lose some down travel, but on a drag bike, 99% of people don't care.

TL;DR =  If you're not going to jump whatsoever, run a different link of some kind. If you plan for your tires to leave the ground, shorten your shock.

I got the warrior link. I'm gonna throw it all together and take pics and measure. And compare to stock. This link technically should be as strong as the stock so it should be able to get jumped on. But we will see I'll take a lot of pics

Alright stock link is 3 1/8 inch center to center. Warrior link is 4 1/4 center to center. Someone with a lowering link wanna measure it center to center so we can get a rough guess how much they lower the bike. I have my wheeler ripped all apart but this weekend I'll throw together a roller and mount them both for pics

The linkage has 4 settings

Stock position. 1.5" drop 3" and 4.5.

Yeah I mean like where the bushings go center to center. Measure those and we can see what the warrior link will do.

Ah ok gotcha. My linkage is on my bike now and well see f I can make it home at a decent time and go measure it

Cool. At least then people will know what a warrior link does for actual lowering. And I'll get pics this weekend of it mounted. Would be an awesome solution to lowering and should be just as strong as stock.

Just the link. And it got really cold this weekend so i never threw together the roller. Hopefully next weekend things work out better.