wiring headlights

ok I revved the engine and the lights blew, any ideas what would cause this?they are trail techs.

Yup, you are not getting a good connection on your voltage regulator. Gotta make sure the ground (the regulator itself is screwed in tight) and the blue wire is connected well.

One wire comes out of the regulator.

Connect it to the yellow wire and mount the regulator to the frame.

WHS^.

Bulbs are cheap if you just buy the bulb by its part number and not a "trail tech" branded light. If I remember right, they were only 3 or 4 bucks a pop, they were sylvania brand. Its just a generic bulb used in many different applications.

anyone?, this is causing me to go insane, I can wire it straight from the yellow from the stator, through the lights and back to the black ground on the stator I'm just needing some help in how to splice in the regulator in a little more detail than "connect it to the yellow". in the diagram it looks to just splice into the yellow like a "T", any detailed help would be greatly appreciated I'm starting from nothing since everything was hacked off but the cdi and coil