Drag Frame build

moneybags

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are their any advantages to a arched style designs vs. a squared off styles desine? Just to make sure that is talking about what the front end looks like, correct? Are their any advantages to having a arched swingarm over a standered ladder bar swingarm?

What the reasons for running 5/8 spindles over banshee spindles? Are they just lighter?

Thanks

Are their any advantages to a arched style designs vs. a squared off styles desine? Just to make sure that is talking about what the front end looks like, correct? Are their any advantages to having a arched swingarm over a standered ladder bar swingarm? What the reasons for running 5/8 spindles over banshee spindles? Are they just lighter? Thanks

The front end styles are mostly for looks, however some designs lend themselves to different suspensions better(arched works a bit better with a single arm design ). As for swing arms are concerned IMO a std non arched ladder lends itself to triangulation better than a arched arm, but both arm styled are plenty strong enough for most applications including a 140-160 hp bike as you stated. The 5/8 bearing lends itself to more wheel and tire options as well as a minor weight savings. Also the 5/8 bearing is a bit easier to find in a pinch. Most companies we deal with offer banshee taper and 5/8.IMO the banshee taper is a better option for a bike that may have stock style hubs on it in the future.

Chris

Supose I will find out the rest, when I make some calls. I was sold on one of wheelman's Chassis when he posted he was down to drive 27 hours for a BHQ ride. Thats pretty cool shit IMO.

Thanks!

I think a lot of people will only buy/believe in what they see. This is why i am willing to drive to ok, utah, ky, la to race/ ride. I also make it a point to let people ride my chassis and bikes, this way they feel what they are getting.  There are many good chassis builder, most of them on this site that make a very good product. For me sometimes the guy who takes the time to show me rather then tells me gets my sale.

Chris

Thanks!

I think a lot of people will only buy/believe in what they see. This is why i am willing to drive to ok, utah, ky, la to race/ ride. I also make it a point to let people ride my chassis and bikes, this way they feel what they are getting. There are many good chassis builder, most of them on this site that make a very good product. For me sometimes the guy who takes the time to show me rather then tells me gets my sale.

Chris

I've raced his personal bike and it goes straight as an arrow every time!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean this to directed at Wheelman per say, but if I can build a house and guarantee delivery, why can't a chassis builder guarantee a delivery date? IMO, its not a reflection of ability, but business management. Just to be clear, not directed at anyone in particular, just a general question.

Just my opinion,

If I were ordering a frame I would prefer to give the builder time to build without a delivery deadline. Deadlines lead to crunch time which leads to rushed work. I also know that most custom builders need to eat. Quality work in an acceptable delivery time equals repeat business. It appears that Wheelman fits this description to a tee.

Keep up the good work Chris :)

Troy

I don't mean this to directed at Wheelman per say, but if I can build a house and guarantee delivery, why can't a chassis builder guarantee a delivery date? IMO, its not a reflection of ability, but business management. Just to be clear, not directed at anyone in particular, just a general question.

Are you just a general or do you actually work?

Are you just a general or do you actually work?

Haha. I was thinking the same thing.

On my landscape jobs (over a certain size anyway) i always give an ESTIMATED completion date,,,but i make it very clear that there are too many things that can change that,,,sick worker,weather,supplier delays,equipment break downs,etc,etc. Im sure its the same with any trade,whether its building a house ,or a chassis. Knowing this,and being on the "other side" is why i wouldn't rush,or hold their feet to the fire,when it comes to getting my chassis done.