Drag Frame build

moneybags

Im looking into haveing a drag frame built soon. Befor calling any builders, I would like to hear from people who have had a drag frame built. I would like to hear what kind of options will be offered and what things might you have done differently.

I would also like to know what kind of questions the site sponcers will be asking me. It would be nice to ponder them befor hand.

It will need to be a suspended hill shooter frame. I would like to keep the swingarm under +12 and a 140 to 160hp motor planted. what elce will they need to know.

Thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im looking into haveing a drag frame built soon. Befor calling any builders, I would like to hear from people who have had a drag frame built. I would like to hear what kind of options will be offered and what things might you have done differently. I would also like to know what kind of questions the site sponcers will be asking me. It would be nice to ponder them befor hand. It will need to be a suspended hill shooter frame. I would like to keep the swingarm under +12 and a 140 to 160hp motor planted. what elce will they need to know. Thanks

Some of the options offered by most builders are:

Full moly frame

Hybrid frame

single arm front susp or dual arm front susp

arched style designs

squared off styles

different lengths in front

Different length swingers

Plastic mounts or not

Removable front motor mounts or not

Different radiator locations

Different steering stem designs

5/8 spindles or banshee taper spindles

Front brake provisions

Different style subframes

Provisions for in-frame pipes

etc.

Some of the questions I ask when talking to a customer are:

Where do they ride?

what they weigh?

what motor?

How much track vs dune time will they have?

What tires they will most likely be running?

What the desired ride quality is(generally determined by where you ride)?

What are your goals?

I try to get the big picture on everything the customer is trying to do not only performance level, but on a style level also.

Fell free to give me a shout !

Chris

Owner

WheelmanChassis

Beau,

I had the pleasure of seeing and riding some of Chris' chassis in OK this year. I wouldn't hesitate to let him do one for you. Either a hybrid or full chassis. For the motor type you mentioned 140-160 hp range, I'd personally recommend a +10 out the front for where you race and +12-+14 swingarm. Our hill bike is 155ish and we run a +6 front with +14 rear, hooks very well with 12 stg extremes. You're a little heavier than I am, you'd be able to get away with a little less tire especially with more front stretch and/or less swingarm. I'm sure chris can hook you up.

-Brandon

First answer ! No. I give all my customers a estimated build time. This is fabricating not plug and play assembly. I do my very best to meet all the dates I set for my customers and if I said I've hit every one of them , I'd be a lier. Projects in front of them take longer or ya hit a snag in delivery of materials, unexpected life shit happen so on and so forth. If I'm running behind on a job you can bet I'm not dodging calls , I will explain and give an updated time frame.

Life is extremely busy for everyone including myself , this year I have added another employee with multiple welding certs and lots of exp in an effort to be even better at what wheelman does.

If this customer needs a guarantee well I guess I might not be the shop for him,BUT if he wants a stand up builder who stands behind there work, answers there calls 90% of the time or returns them shortly after and will do his best to meet whatever goals you have. Give us a shout.

WHEELMANCHASSIS

1-734-679-6735

FIRST QUESTION..... CAN YOU GUARANTEE ME A DELIVERY DATE??? 

Lol quality takes time... Speaking of wheelman is building me a dual arm hybrid as we speak... Wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from him build time varies but is well worth the wait!

First answer ! No. I give all my customers a estimated build time. This is fabricating not plug and play assembly. I do my very best to meet all the dates I set for my customers and if I said I've hit every one of them , I'd be a lier. Projects in front of them take longer or ya hit a snag in delivery of materials, unexpected life shit happen so on and so forth. If I'm running behind on a job you can bet I'm not dodging calls , I will explain and give an updated time frame.

Life is extremely busy for everyone including myself , this year I have added another employee with multiple welding certs and lots of exp in an effort to be even better at what wheelman does.

If this customer needs a guarantee well I guess I might not be the shop for him,BUT if he wants a stand up builder who stands behind there work, answers there calls 90% of the time or returns them shortly after and will do his best to meet whatever goals you have. Give us a shout.

WHEELMANCHASSIS

1-734-679-6735     WELL MOTHER FUCKEN SAID BROTHA!

Who is Wheelman chassis??

JK!!! Chris is a GREAT builder and an even better guy. I'd say at least call and talk to him. I promise by time you get done "feeling him out" you will wann buy a chassis from him.

I got a gift cert. for Wheelman for sale!!!! LMAO jk jk jk jk

JK!!! Chris is a GREAT builder and an even better guy. I'd say at least call and talk to him. I promise by time you get done "feeling him out" you will wann buy a chassis from him.

I've felt Chris out a few times. He's warm and cuddly. I wouldn't hesitate to sleep in a tent with him.

Wait, what's this thread about? :shrugani: