need opinions vitos monoblock 421. i have one should i use it.

Mattsv8

Hey guys I have a vitos 421 kit in my banshee. It was this way when I bought it. Also it came with a vitos monoblock they were using 68.5mm pistons. My kit is a 4mil short rod. Right now its stock cyls ad head at 66mm so not a 421.I've seen. Ton of mixed reviews. I love the way the monoblock looks. But I'm trail ridding hill climbs cc type not straight drag race. I have my 8 sec turbo s10 for thespeed thing. So far I have fmf fattys power cores. V3 33mmpj carbs for it on stock ones. When it was mono block it was all drag race asphalt drags. 38mmpwks. Trinity racing side drag pipes.

I wana run the monoblock mostly for the cool ass look. Could I do minimal mods to the monoblock to make it work. This was my plan. 69mm bore 4mil 110rod. Spacer cause the short rod. 20cc domes monoblock [unknown porting] fmf powercore 33mmpj carbs timing plate arround 4 deg adv. Pods in a box with modded lid or no lid at all. I also have reed spacers if they would help with low end.

Or should I sell it and just get my stockers ported.

How much is the vitos monoblock worth if I sell it with orings fresh hone and new orings???

Probem is stock cyl at 68mm I'm told run hot. I do have a new charriot 1pc cool head. And 19 20 21 cc domes for it.

Thanks guys I know u won't steer me wrong.

The mono block might work but mainly depends on porting it would need to be looked at and degreed in if it has been ported to far its not gonna be trail friendly.. next issue would be the spacer plate idea dont think that will work. Also the fmf is not going to be a good pipe for that setup.. look at porting a good set of stock cyl or a serval cyl... and you cant bore a stock cyl to 68 unless you resleeve it which imo is more money than its worth.

i have seen these cyls all over the place price wise.  cannot rember actually ever seeing one sell.

id like to build one just to say i did.  it would definatley need to be setup and built by someone who knows what they are doing.  if you use a spacer plate just to make everything "fit"  theport timing;s maybe so far off that it will never even pull itself.  "stock" porting on an aftermarket cylinder can be all over the place.  only cyl i know of that's even close to OEM stock cyl port numbers is a serval.  and even that cylinder has way different flow characteristics   

most t-rex cyls i have seen bring between 300-550. depending on how complete they are..  just as an example....  

cub's are a whole differnt ball game.  those are known performers that use shelf" pistons and pretty much anyone can put one together and get them to run pretty decent.  in all reality  the 421cc cub 4 mill is pretty much setup right out of the box.  you get the domes halfway right and get it jetted in pretty close slap on some drag pipes,  they are gonna run well.  most aftermarket cyls are NOT that way.  the prox 400cc  the t-rex and most all billet cyls even the stockish looking athena, vito's cyls take a lot of real work to get them to run well..   and that is reflected in the price..

the piston that can be used, the sleve material, the overall cyl condition and not just a flashy 4 min polish job will dictate the price i feel.   but it would all come down to what someone is willing to pay.

i mean  really does that turbo s-10 have a ebay turbo slapped on top of a bone stock 4 cyl and runs bad ass now??    i'm sure that took some time  and some work with competent people that understand those... 

I actually built the turbo system. Motor trans rear chassis. Paint. Prety much if u see it on my s10 or blazer I built it. I also built the 2 turbo kits for the company that's selling them on the 4th gen camaros. Should havemy kit on in january!

Yea I know its gona take work. I really love the way the monoblock looks by far best looking. Am I gona spend 1000 bucks to get it ported no. If that's what it would take id just sell it to someone who is drag racing. I already sold the trinity racing drag pipes. And trying to sell the 38mm pwk kit.

I actually built the turbo system. Motor trans rear chassis. Paint. Prety much if u see it on my s10 or blazer I built it. I also built the 2 turbo kits for the company that's selling them on the 4th gen camaros. Should havemy kit on in january!

Yea I know its gona take work. I really love the way the monoblock looks by far best looking. Am I gona spend 1000 bucks to get it ported no. If that's what it would take id just sell it to someone who is drag racing. I already sold the trinity racing drag pipes. And trying to sell the 38mm pwk kit.

dup sorry guys. Ill get a pic and get some port height measurments.

I've ported many racing sbc ls1 and bbc heads so I'm not afraid to port.

I just don't have the knowledge of where to time the ports. I know how to check the heights.

Ok now were talking. I read one artical that the monoblok has a tripple port but 2 of the ports are prety much unable to be modded. Very slight opening is all they allow.

Here is a modded vitos but this is a drag setup. Its a 421 short rod setup too.

022.jpg

imagejpeg_2_26.jpg

This is my cyl it looks like bone stock port.

2012-12-15065639.jpg

2012-12-15065628.jpg

2012-12-15065622.jpg

2012-12-15065602.jpg

I don't think anyone does a boysen port on these. Mostly raised ports. Id love to find pics of amonoblock with a fast tral port. I've heard people using them for trail port with 68mm pistons 421 like mine.