Anyone use Moose Tire Wraps?

mhoksch

I dont have a truck to haul my banshee this winter but I live less than a half mile from a large lake.  The only way to get to the lake is riding on asphault and I dont want to trash my studs.  Has anyone used the Moose Racing tire wraps?  Just wondering if they will survive the ride to and from the lake if I take it easy on them?

http://www.amazon.com/MOOSE-RACING-TIRE-WRAP-EX000497/dp/B0068EQ1JQ

i can get thick rubber from work for free, how would u attach to keep it wrapped around the tire?  

or i may jsut break down and buy a beater truck, gf jsut doesn't want some POS sitting it our driveway...

i can get thick rubber from work for free, how would u attach to keep it wrapped around the tire?

or i may jsut break down and buy a beater truck, gf jsut doesn't want some POS sitting it our driveway...

Bungee cords, I don't know how it would hold up to runnin down a road tho. Your best bet is like rrl said, run your summer tires or somthing and drop your other tires off with your car ahead of time.

You have no rig, but you have a bike? And a girlfriend?

funny how that works huh?  Dont go getting the wrong idea, I'm not poor, just a cheap ass.  I have a damn good job and own my own house...    

Been keeping an eye out for a decent early 90's yota, but they're hard to come by here.

• Like 1

Love my moose tire wraps! Do not ruin them by riding on them!

I think I'm going to skip the moose wraps.  I snagged some 3/8" rubber belting from work yesterday so I'll just try that out first.  This way I don't have to worry about ruining it since it's free...

• 4 weeks later...

Well my idea just got shot to hell. Cops came to visit me last night, apparently my neighbors didn't like the shee going a 1/2 mile down the road to the lake. Going to buy a trailer after work tonight and putting a hitch on the jetta...