Drag/Dune 10 cub build

possum

For the record, Dave, Mat Shearer did NOT do hardly anything to that motor. He shipped the crank out to have it rebuilt as a favor, and did a repair on the transmission. That is ALL he has done.

No problem believing that Matt.

But you know as well as I do, all the shit he said in the original thread, Mat's gonna set it up right, he's going to take care of this, make it run like it should, etc.

Thread is deleted now, has been for a while, but you know as well as I do all the talking gumby did.

So for a blown up, wasted motor...

It needed pistons, we already knew that and it was in the posting.  After 3-4 years of racing, it needed the crank to be rebuilt... I have no problem believing that.  There is NO WAY anyone could tell you what a crank looked like without tearing a motor down, and as said, it was  running hard when it was shipped to him.

And the transmission has thousands, yes thousands of passes on it over the 4 years I owned it and 2 years Chris owned it. Shifted fine the whole time.  Did it probably have wear on it that Mat thought was prudent to have repaired since it was torn down?  I have absolutely doubts about it.  He also said the crank was rebuilt a few times.  Flat out, outright lie.

My buddy Evan welded the crank up right, all the way around the pin, not just a top and bottom weld like most do....it was done before the crank was ever put in the bike, and it has never been redone since.

That's a far cry from the pan handling and accusations gumby has made.  That's a worn, used drag motor.  NOT  A blown up, poorly tuned pile of shit.

I guess if you want a brand new motor, you buy a brand new motor, not a well known, good running motor with lots of seasons on it.

I absolutely have no doubt Mat did a few things, cut domes he was comfortable running, etc.  You could have 10 different builders use ten different style and design domes.

And since gumby asked a bunch of builders to cut pump gas domes, yes pump gas, yes..it would absolutely need new domes from what it came with.

This would have never gotten this far if he took this another way.  Instead, he ran his mouth...threatened Chris, so Chris told him to get bent.

I could care less about what the cat says or does.  However, bring my name into things, and I'll respond.  Funny thing is he asked me all about a motor I sold two years prior...he didn't even buy the motor from me.

He kept asking Kevin about it....Who only did port work, degreed it in and case matching/stuffing.  And kept asking, and asking, and asking.

When he didn't get a brand new motor for a used price...his panties got twisted up.  Boo hoo. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez Daj, you're a persistant sum bitch ain't ya? Haha. Remind me not to cross ya. But you're a Michigan fella. So I know how ya feel. We gotta have each others backs.

Just a side note. Did any body see that non tuning ass motor frying bastard Chris on the home page after his EPIC win down south? Well his bike wine but he built and tuned it for his Liljockey.

Geez Dave, your getting as long winded as Windy.  :lol:  

Dave, Mat has nothing to do with the assembly or tuning of this motor. He has made that very clear. The domes he sold Possum were not a custom cut.

Just wanted to clear Mats name of the imminent catastrphic failure pending,

LOL....Crystal Clear..

You and I both know how this originally started, and that was not the original case.

I'm sure, like the rest of us, Mat sees how this is going to turn out....

MATTSCSS Talks to Mat Shearer pretty often possum. So do alot of us. You might come up from time to time........

you two need to keep mat shearers name out of your mouth when you dont know!

So...you're saying you do know Mat Shearer because he's so far in your mouth?

Ok...that makes sense now.

Point is, Gumby, You sure acted like Mat was a good friend of yours, you were going to build this killer fast motor, we don't know shit, how to tune, etc.

Now, that's changed a whole bunch...He's just having a crank redone for you, fixed the trans and cut/sold you some domes. 

That's a BIG turn around from before.

I did say, back then, you could quote me...you'd never have a motor built by him.  And I was right.

Next, you'll be running your mouth about Mat like you did about your "friend" Kevin @ HJR.

That's ok, Mat will take your money and laugh at you once you leave as well.

Keep going....every village needs an idiot.  No audition necessary for you.

all i can say is thankyou to dave, possom, windy, and whoever the hell the other guy is from california for this entertainment. This shit about possom getting a ass chewing from dave is hilarious!!!! kinda how parents deal with their teenage know it all's....lol  thanks for the laughs, keep them coming