250r kfx700 or shee

yamshe

So here's the deal im looking in to a new quad on a budget and I found some options first I found a bone stock 2004 kfx 700 that I can get for 1000 and I found a stock 89 250r that needs front plastic but otherwise is stock for 1000. I guess my question is which one should I buy or should I wait until I can get a deal on a shee? It would be nice to find a good deal on a sheet but my girlfriend could ride the kfx. What do you guys think?

Edited by yamshe

get the 250r. If you can get a reliable machine for $1000.00 go for it. they are awesome bikes. Maybe not the most powerful but that is not always the most important factor. You could buy the 250r and replace the front plastic and sell it for a profit. 250r's pretty much have a fixed priced now a days.

I believe thats a good year for a 250r the kfx bikes are nice but there just in a class of their own, powerful but real heavy and cvt, handling kind of sucks, 2 guys i ride with have them and i walk all over them really bad far as handling and definitely in speed and acceleration.

bikerjon is 100% right! get the 250r.. clean it up, and flip it if your dont happy with the way it performs! the 89's were the most desired! i had a buddy sell an 89' 250r about a year ago. he sold if for 4200.00!! but it was all redone

I believe thats a good year for a 250r the kfx bikes are nice but there just in a class of their own, powerful but real heavy and cvt, handling kind of sucks, 2 guys i ride with have them and i walk all over them really bad far as handling and definitely in speed and acceleration.

yeah the kfx is kinda like an old muscle car it has good amount of torque but is not real fun unless your going straight.It certainly lacks any handling. but my girl isnt very aggressive riding so it doesnt bother her