New to forum, have a few ?'s

ohmaerm

do not start that bike again until you find the nut and washer that obviously has come loose and fallen down into the clutch/gears, chances of it getting into the tranny as a whole are slim but not impossible, you're going to need to pull the clutch basket and possibly some of the gears to see where the shrapnel is and what damage it caused ?, you'll also need to drain the oil, and possibly flush the tranny to try and remove all the metal shards ?

consider yourself lucky it didn't completely detonate everything.

i like to brake clean it first and a little blue locktite on that internal clutch adjustment nut.

Edited by Buttafuaco69

do not start that bike again until you find the nut and washer that obviously has come loose and fallen down into the clutch/gears, chances of it getting into the tranny as a whole are slim but not impossible, you're going to need to pull the clutch basket and possibly some of the gears to see where the shrapnel is and what damage it caused ?, you'll also need to drain the oil, and possibly flush the tranny to try and remove all the metal shards ?

consider yourself lucky it didn't completely detonate everything.

i like to brake clean it first and a little blue locktite on that internal clutch adjustment nut.

I drained the oil and i did not notice any metal shavings as i filtered the oil through a auto paint filter and nothing was on the drain bolt magnet.

When I got the bike the woodruff key was missing and would not surprise me if the dumb-ass that had it didn't put it back on if he had it apart.

I was just looking at the shee tight now and when I pull on the cable only the outside metal pice moves and the disks don't separate. Is this normal?

Finch, you think the crank separated? I didn't have it welded and don't think the guy before me did either.

I should probably mention that my right cylinder was not as hot as my left cylinder, not sure if that would make that much of a difference. it was smoking just not as much as the left.

I have taken off the 6 bolts and springs for the clutch basket and took out the plates and there is hardly anything left of them. But when I turn over the engine there is metal grinding in there somewhere. I took off the head and all looks good. Is it possible a bearing went out?

Pulled it all apart today, found the washer but no nut, I got very lucky, the washer was wedged between gears and no broken teeth. Thats what I was hearing when I would turn over the engine. I will be having the crank welded this week and try to get her all back together this coming weekend.. IF I DONT FORGET HOW IT GOES BACK TOGETHER! LOL :banana:

Thanks for all the help and suggestions from everyone!!! You all have been a great help!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!! Happy Holidays!!

:thanks: