Trail Tech Vapor Just Paid For Itself

SpeedRacer88

My clutch went out so i threw in my stocker. warmed her up and ripped down the road. got to about 4th gear and saw the trail tech was flashing at me. WTF? i then realized it was over heating and i forgot to fill the radiator.. so all in all thank god for my vapor could have been a costly mistake...

My clutch went out so i threw in my stocker. warmed her up and ripped down the road. got to about 4th gear and saw the trail tech was flashing at me. WTF? i then realized it was over heating and i forgot to fill the radiator.. so all in all thank god for my vapor could have been a costly mistake...

Good shit man

changing the warning light temp wont do any good for a no water situation. the sensor is meant to read water/coolant. what happen is/was just a accident that would have been better if avoided. the monitoring system is for when you let it idle too long, keep it loaded too long or it slowly loses water or the pump fails. leave it set to where vapor had it.

• 1 month later...
I understand the situation that the guy was in, running his bike with no fluid. Just wondered how hot is too hot for a banshee to be running at?

Good question....I hooked my vapor coolant gauge to the coolant line coming from the head so that it will read the temp of the coolant coming from the head. Then I set my warning light on my vapor to 175* & my danger light @ 190*. My reason for setting them at that temp was cause my motor averaged 150* when I'm riding it normally without keeping it under load for long periods of time. I'm not saying that's the best temp to set you're at but that was with my vapor using my old 421 cub cylinders. So it might be different for stock cylinders, jetting & etc. hope that helps. Reek.