Idle misfire, troubleshooting ideas? *HD video*

Cheeze

So my left cylinder isn't really firing at idle. I fully cleaned and rebuilt the carbs (but I just realized I did not take the pilot jets out). The bike will not idle unless the throttle cylinders are adjusted off thier seats. I can back the air screws all the way out and it will not idle unless the throttle is pushed. Plugs are wet at idle.

I adjusted the throttle screws and got it to idle using air screws at 2 turns out each (although it makes no difference where they are at for some reason). The misfire does not follow the plug, I switched them around. Compression on both cylinders is low but identical. I tried to synch the carbs, you can see the air flow meter in the video. The idle does not return to the same point after revving. Any ideas on what I should be looking for on this thing? Two-stokes are not my deal, especially dual carb. Excuse the mess in the garage.

did you check float levels when you redid the carbs?? float bowls on correct carbs??? the one with the brass bb goes on choke carb. do you have your choke tube that connects the carbs in place??? try switching plug wires to see if its ignition related??

So I pulled the pilots and cleaned them. Checked for air leaks around the carbs and boots - none found. Synched the carbs, made sure the correct float bowls are on and choke tube is connected, switched plug wires - problem stayed with cylinder, adjusted air screws so they are the same (although it doesn't change the idle) and the left cylinder fires slightly more often. But still misfires about half the time.

I do not know how to check fuel level in the bowls but I'll look that up.

Also cylinder pressure is 92 left (misfiring side) and 90 on the right. I would just rip the top end apart but I don't think that is the problem. If one side runs fine why isn't the other side? I want to fix this idle issue before moving on to the rebuild. Thanks for all the suggestions!

you sure its not starving for fuel? what did you change to get it to start misbehaving? or did it just randomly start acting up?

if its truly at 92 and 90 psi.....they're incredibly hard to start......shit they get hard to start around 100 psi. did you have the throttle held all the way open and did you kick until the needle stopped moving higher?

Yup, throttle open and kicked and kicked and kicked trying to get to a number that didn't scream rebuild.

The problem started after I went to the sand dunes and ragged on it. Then let it sit in the barn for a year. I'm sure the sand ate my cylinders up or something.

It sounds like it could be a idle circuit issue in the carb and since you said it has been synced i would just triple check on that and make sure to check on the choke tube for sure or maybe just replace it to see if that will help. Mine did the same thing and it ended up being a syncing problem because I needed to get a Tors eliminator kit and idle screws

Just to follow up, thanks everyone for the suggestions. I double checked synching, re-cleaned pilot circuit and choke circuit including new cross over tube, checked spark, newplugs, new fuel, adjusted air screws all to no avail! But it's only a problem at idle and and much as it bothers me I'm just going to leave it. I ran it all day yesterday and it pulled great and was very responsive throughout the powerband. I hope a top end freshening will take care of it later.