Need pipes for serval dyno testing

cjcrete

I have a 10mil serval running shearer sb in frames 39pwks 22cc domes 7deg timing and race fuel it is a monster in low to mid rpm but does not rev to the moon compared to a cub.. Off pipe it had a shit load of power and comes on hard has a decent hit "which I don't really like".

On the pavement it will blow tires off very easy even off pipe in the 1st 3 gears I would say I'm 330lbs and it has a 8in swinger thou.

I rode my buddy's 492 cheetah and my serval has more real low in the rpm range but the cheetah had less hit and way more topend .

But his is a 4mil where mine is a 10mil

Hope you find a setup that works for you

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 10mil serval running shearer sb in frames 39pwks 22cc domes 7deg timing and race fuel it is a monster in low to mid rpm but does not rev to the moon compared to a cub.. Off pipe it had a shit load of power and comes on hard has a decent hit "which I don't really like".

On the pavement it will blow tires off very easy even off pipe in the 1st 3 gears I would say I'm 330lbs and it has a 8in swinger thou.

I rode my buddy's 492 cheetah and my serval has more real low in the rpm range but the cheetah had less hit and way more topend .

But his is a 4mil where mine is a 10mil

Hope you find a setup that works for you

Nice set up lms! I'm sure our setups are very similar. These servals do run hard down low. Ive always ran my 7 mill bikes to the max with the best parts and the right builders and they run very well. I try many combos to suit my needs. THese servals are fairly new and i believe there is alot to be tinkered with. Just funny to me that these servals are pulling so much harder down low than the cheetah's I dont care what my motor does at 10.5k!!!!!! You will never win a pro level shorttrack race with a 9-11k motor!

No a high revving motor won't win circle track races. Well maybe if pistons and clutches were new every race. That shit would destroy cranks. I have been so apprehensive about a 10 mil because a few builders who are familiar with flat track racing said the cranks just not be up to the task of 20 lap races strung out to 10,000 rpm. But me and Jim were talking about doing a 10 mil and getting it to peak around 9,500. Maybe I will have a second set of domes made so I can run way lower compression on the big ovals with less timing to keep the crank together while really revving it out. Dunno. No big half mile tracks out here any way....