2 stoke hp vs 4 stroke hp

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have witnessed stock cylinder banshees on alky take out a 800+ cc Raptor (700 based) and a 700+cc (660 based) Raptor on the bottle. I will agree that a 4-stroke is easier to set up because of its broad torque from bottom to top, as it helps for traction in the sand (very smooth power). You put those same bikes on pavement I mentioned above and it would not even be close, the banshees would destroy those Rappys even worse. Once a banshee has traction its lights out, its hard to beat something that carries its torque from 6k to 10.5k. That's 4500 RPMs of ass kicking power. Remember also that power is actually a rating acceleration over time , or simply torque over time. Torque is a rating of force hints FOOT POUNDS. Diesels have a shit ton over torque but are not fast because they can only carry their torque for a short time. This is why they lack in the HP department. Keep in mind that it is allot easier to make torque at low RPMs than high RPMs. Banshees are so fast and hard accelerating because they make tons of torque where it is hard to make -- HIGH RPMs. There is a huge difference of making 60 FT/lbs of torque at 4k then at 8k, as it takes so much more twisting force or acceleration at 8k to make the same 60 FT/lbs of torque. This is the direct reason for HP, for without this equation we would not no that 60FT/lbs at 8k is actually much faster and harder accelerating than 60FT/lbs at 4k. This is why drag racers today are trying to make broad torque at such High Rpms. They have naturally aspirated 427 LSX series engines revving to 9500 Rpms and running into the 7 second club for a reason.

Blah blah blah, we wont even get into details about how much inertia is generated by a 9500 Rpm 427 cubic inch motor

Same thing for a banshee, thats maybe why banshees always have and will hold all the records in 300 feet, not even including their high HP.

Four strokes blow most of the time, but in the hands of a true engine guru/engineer they are actually relatively scary.

The 787 rappy I seen was a few hundreads off going into the 3's.

John beat him with a 465 running a 4.038, then Jeff knocked him out running a 3. something.

Haha, this is a great example of why this comparison is completely ridiculous.

787 Raptor gets beat by a motor 322cc smaller.

Look, I am not saying that the 4-strokes can't be fast. They are and I have seen them first hand run hard, but to try to compare them to a properly set up Banshee is absurd.

so can we compare a 4 poke to a properly setup blaster lol

Haha, this is a great example of why this comparison is completely ridiculous.

787 Raptor gets beat by a motor 322cc smaller.

Look, I am not saying that the 4-strokes can't be fast. They are and I have seen them first hand run hard, but to try to compare them to a properly set up Banshee is absurd.

This bike and rider,

10434_1144479892973_1256767949_3044.jpg

This time.."727"

christysslip.jpg

290# bike wet and its a 350 drag ported on alky 36/38 lectrons

bike was running lower 4.3s and high 4.2s the day before.

I have witnessed stock cylinder banshees on alky take out a 800+ cc Raptor (700 based) and a 700+cc (660 based) Raptor on the bottle. I will agree that a 4-stroke is easier to set up because of its broad torque from bottom to top, as it helps for traction in the sand (very smooth power). You put those same bikes on pavement I mentioned above and it would not even be close, the banshees would destroy those Rappys even worse. Once a banshee has traction its lights out, its hard to beat something that carries its torque from 6k to 10.5k. That's 4500 RPMs of ass kicking power. Remember also that power is actually a rating acceleration over time , or simply torque over time. Torque is a rating of force hints FOOT POUNDS. Diesels have a shit ton over torque but are not fast because they can only carry their torque for a short time. This is why they lack in the HP department. Keep in mind that it is allot easier to make torque at low RPMs than high RPMs. Banshees are so fast and hard accelerating because they make tons of torque where it is hard to make -- HIGH RPMs. There is a huge difference of making 60 FT/lbs of torque at 4k then at 8k, as it takes so much more twisting force or acceleration at 8k to make the same 60 FT/lbs of torque. This is the direct reason for HP, for without this equation we would not no that 60FT/lbs at 8k is actually much faster and harder accelerating than 60FT/lbs at 4k. This is why drag racers today are trying to make broad torque at such High Rpms. They have naturally aspirated 427 LSX series engines revving to 9500 Rpms and running into the 7 second club for a reason.

Blah blah blah, we wont even get into details about how much inertia is generated by a 9500 Rpm 427 cubic inch motor

Same thing for a banshee, thats maybe why banshees always have and will hold all the records in 300 feet, not even including their high HP.

Four strokes blow most of the time, but in the hands of a true engine guru/engineer they are actually relatively scary.

Good shit,

man, this is so dumb i don't even want to jump in... but i will anyways. to compare 100hp to 100hp is retarded. i think a better comparison would be to take the $10k it takes to build a 100hp 4-poke and build one. then take the same $10k with a banshee, spend $3k to make 100hp and then spend the other $7k on a chassis until you get it setup right, then buy multiple sets of tires and spend time setting it up to be able to actually USE the 100hp at high rpms. then, you would have an unstoppable machine beating down on much bigger bikes. the only reason you see big raptors and 450's beating up on comparable power banshees is because the banshees aren't setup right. it takes a lot more time and trial-and-error tuning to get power with rpm's to the ground than it does power with no rpm's.

k, i'm done.