Rear brake line won't bleed out

locogato11283

Well, I got it figured out.

The piece that the brake lever actually attaches to in the new rebuild kit I used was an inch longer than the stock one. So basically, it was already pushing the piston up far enough to keep fluid from coming in. Once I figured that out, it took about 4 minutes to bleed the brakes. I just swapped it out with the stock one I had. Stupid ass rebuild kit.

Thanks for the help guys.

:clap:

Yeah sometimes the obvious can be overlooked or not noticed. Glad you're back up and running.:clap:

It really wasn't obvious though. I didn't have any reason to assume they were different until I compared it to the stock one. I wonder how many people have had the same issue from using that rebuild kit?

It really wasn't obvious though. I didn't have any reason to assume they were different until I compared it to the stock one. I wonder how many people have had the same issue from using that rebuild kit?

Was this on a 450 conversion, or banshee frame, was it a 450 master cylinder kit or for a banshee? Is there a difference in the plunger rod between the two, or just the kit had something different? Not pointing fingers or badmouthing anyone, but we have all overlooked or didn't pay attention as close as we should have and caused us issues that made us want to kick ourselves in the rear when we found out what the problem was!

Was this on a 450 conversion, or banshee frame, was it a 450 master cylinder kit or for a banshee? Is there a difference in the plunger rod between the two, or just the kit had something different? Not pointing fingers or badmouthing anyone, but we have all overlooked or didn't pay attention as close as we should have and caused us issues that made us want to kick ourselves in the rear when we found out what the problem was!

BANSHEE FRAME. BANSHEE MASTER CYLINDER REBUILD KIT.

I didn't overlook shit. The threaded part that the brake lever attaches to was almost an inch longer from the rebuild kit. When I hooked up the brake lever it was pushing the piston so far up in the master cylinder it wouldn't let brake fluid into the cylinder. After examining my old stuff I noticed the lengths were different. I swapped them and then it took 4 minutes to bleed the brakes.

I assume it was a Banshee master cylinder rebuild kit because everything else worked. I am not familiar enough with a 450 master to determine whether or not it could be used on it as well.

you need shannon purdy to suck on the bleeder hose! he can actually pull 300 inch pounds of vacume!

Hahahaha.

You mean the owner of the worlds largest Banshee website (ego boost) can't even bleed his brakes?!?!?!?!?! :rotflmao:

I'm just kidding Tyler, I remember the first time I bled my brakes too. Very scary and difficult time for me.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: