Methods on cleaning semi-scuffed plastic?

94BANSHEE

I find putting them back in the wrapper and telling them to stick them up their ass works best! You shouldn't have to accept tatty new parts.

Ive bought plastics from voltric which were wrapped in a film and boxed, and some from UFO which were wrapped then put in a custom shaped box.

Edited by Glenyboy

• 6 months later...

I use a little "mouse" hand sander with very fine sand paper, short swooping strokes and very little pressure. Once thats done theres this stuff that you can buy in an aerosal can called "plastic renew" and follow the instructions from there.

Thing is Im in Canada and Im sure it would take extra time and money to get it sorted out there are no deep scratches but still not in new condition

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If its really not bad enough to ship back you can use a heat gun. First drag a razor blade over the scuff til its slick. Then use the heat gun. You gotta move slow and evenly. Essentially ya gotta pretty much melt it without making it molten. Try it! You'll see what I mean. :-)

I just got a new set of maier's... They both had light scratches from the bag. That's the nature of these types of atv plastics tho. Even cleaning them with a rag scratches them. It happens with new oem plastics. It happens on new car paint jobs. Anything other than a microfiber scratches them.