What should I jet to?

jsinar

Waiting on my tors removal kit I went ahead and tore my carbs down and cleaned them good, got some jet #'s..

02, fmf fattys, turbinecore 2 silencers, k&n filter. Full airbox lid with snorkel.

Right now judging by the picture, it's jetted almost perfect. That was a 1/2 mile wide open 6th gear run, killed it wot and coasted, pulled plugs. about 80 degrees outside.

280 mains, 25 pilot.

Someone on here told me they way they run, is jet it right for no airbox lid during the summer, then when it gets colder put the lid back on. So if I pulled the lid now, what mains should I go with? I've got some 300 and 310s, either of those or get some 290s? or richer than that?

It starts fairly easy, it idles forever after it gets warmed up, never fouled a plug, I mainly ride half throttle, very rarely I'll get into the powerband. Should I keep the 25 pilots or go with the 27.5's?

img0202vx.jpg

It's 280's now with the lid/snorkel. It was that way when I picked it up back in june.. removing the tors, so I figured I'd break everything down and clean the carbs good and re-jet accordingly. So I guess It's been running too rich then. By looking at the plugs it looks about right to me, but this is my first 2 stroke.

I'm guessing that the guy I bought it from just threw the lid back on it when I bought it so I would get it..and didn't tell me not to run it. soon as my rebuild kits are here I'm going to put the 280s back in and make a couple of passes without the lid on some new plugs and see what they look like. But yeah, those are the same plugs that was in it when I picked it up.

I argree with sleeper 280 mains are way to big for running a lid! Those plugs look pretty black to me they do not look they only had one quick WOT pass on them.

your plugs look burnt and I never burnt mine using 260 main 25 but a 280 seems richer when i ran them in my 04 banshee ( no airbox take those damn thing out and never put back in!)

It was about 80 degrees or so, a little cooler than usual, I started where the screws was before, about 1.5 turns out. Jeff at FAST told me to run them .5 out since it still has the 25 pilots. I'm gonna try it tomorrow after it sits all night to see if it's easier to start. Hopefully it won't be raining again so I can do a plug chop after I get off work.

Edited by jsinar

This better? lol

It's my first plug chop, more like a plug hack. But you get the idea..lol That's with no lid and 280's Wide open 1/2 mile 6th gear pass.

img0209lt.jpg

It felt like it picked up damn near 10 mph, and the front fenders were bent back, very squirrley on top end, never been like that before.