Dodge 2500

Dinner

Looks like the puke bottle glazed your radiator with oil. Theres a relocation write up from moparman, its kinda slick. I just got done doing it to mine. What do you have for mods?

TON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What pump is that? HR vp-44?

No Sir, just a new SO VP. My old one was going on 8 years old, I'm just changing it for the heck of it and to see if I can get that extra little fuel.

Looks like the puke bottle glazed your radiator with oil. Theres a relocation write up from moparman, its kinda slick. I just got done doing it to mine. What do you have for mods?

TON!

Haven't had my puke bottle since I've owned the truck, I extended my hose right down to the ground. That is from the blown head gasket at the track getting thrown everywhere. And I have all sorts of goodies done to the truck, not as much as I'd like though obviously. But from what I remember.... 6 Gauges, AirDog 100 (have a 165 sitting on the floor with a tank sump to go on still), Tunnel Ram, Valve Springs, head studs, Twin Turbos, 7X12 Injectors, TST Comp, Smarty and Ts MVP stacked together, Goerend Transmission with billet shafts, Water/Meth, ummm there is probably stuff I'm missing but owell. Head is getting porting, fire ringed and all checked over. I also have another turbo I'm getting rebuilt to use for my Primary that flows about 300cfm more than my current Primary. Last Dyno was 782Hp and 1432 Torque, looking to break 800 on my new SO VP, head work and new primary. Takes quite a bit of tuning to get this VP's to run hard, but it's doable. Once I have it back running I'll be breaking in my VP, doing all my re-torques for the fire rings and just having it for the winter. Once spring arrives I'll be back at tuning the twins, water/meth, etc, etc.

I had my tranny built up instead of replaced but it still wasnt cheap. It was amazing how much the stock trans was slipping though. Now when it shifts it almost gives you whiplash. 83k was all my 47re lasted with nothing but an edge ez chip. Now its set up right and i couldnt be happier. I gained a few mpg due to it not slipping.

TON!

I had my tranny built up instead of replaced but it still wasnt cheap. It was amazing how much the stock trans was slipping though. Now when it shifts it almost gives you whiplash. 83k was all my 47re lasted with nothing but an edge ez chip. Now its set up right and i couldnt be happier. I gained a few mpg due to it not slipping.

TON!

Hmm mine has 175k on it got it from a old guy that never done any mods to it tranny is still original..

I get 22mpg highway but towing only get 13-14 most of the time with a small landscape trailer and a few quads?

Wonder if that could be any of my problem

Mine has been used. The 83k were not easy. Pulling doubles, a 24' fifth wheel and a boat. Or loading up the utility trailer with 2 tons of rock or roofing supplies. It was never maxed out though. I figured the trans would last longer then it did. Oh well a tow bill and $4500 and its getting 21 highway, 18 city and 15 to 16 towing. Not too bad for a dually with 4:10's.

TON!

Thats nice! Good luck on the 800hp. Thats hard to do on a vp motor, but it looks like your knocking on the door.

TON!

Thanks :cheers: Would be nice if I could break the 800 Mark, but we will just have to see next spring! October will be breaking the VP in, doing all my re-torques, etc. Then winter will be just having it for my DD if need be. Once spring arrives, tuning, hard running, etc shall continue :headbang:

• 2 weeks later...

nice who is porting your head dinner?

C-Tech in Michigan :cheers: Got all my gaskets in last week and this week, so now just gotta wait for my head to be done and my HT60 to be done, then it can start going back together! Woot!

Looking good Craig!

Thanks Tyler!

It's been awhile since I've talked to you gents. Hope all is well with you two, and to the other fellas I used to talk to all the time. The Banshee will be getting some work done to it once the truck is put back together. :headbang:

• 4 weeks later...