My 1st Motor Build. Ran into a Prob, Need some advice pllease.

koster88

First off, I want to thank Everyone who has helped me so far. Kevin with Herr Juggs, Andy with M&M, Sarge, and everyone here. Thanks for taking my calls, and always giving me good advice/help.

So, This is my first build. When I tore it down, i labeled every single thing, and everything went back together perfect.....or so I thought. I had it ready to put back in the Frame, and then I noticed something that didn't seem right. The Shaft that connects to the Idler Gear and Sprocket can shift back and forth about 1/8 inch. I dont see anything missing. Half Moons are in, and the bearings dont move, just the shaft. I made this little video to help explain whats happening. What did I do wrong?

First off, I want to thank Everyone who has helped me so far. Kevin with Herr Juggs, Andy with M&M, Sarge, and everyone here. Thanks for taking my calls, and always giving me good advice/help.

So, This is my first build. When I tore it down, i labeled every single thing, and everything went back together perfect.....or so I thought. I had it ready to put back in the Frame, and then I noticed something that didn't seem right. The Shaft that connects to the Idler Gear and Sprocket can shift back and forth about 1/8 inch. I dont see anything missing. Half Moons are in, and the bearings dont move, just the shaft. I made this little video to help explain whats happening. What did I do wrong?

put the sleeve and the sprocket on, and snug the nut down, it should stop moving back and forth.

Damn... I split again the cases for nothing?! I had the spacer in there.... and it still moved I must have something wrong on 1 side. is there a spacer on the Idler Gear Side? I had the spacer on the Sprocket Side.

-Dave

did you have the sprocket on and thenut tight?

it will still move some.

Did you put the sprocket nut on backwards? There's a recess in the side that goes towards the sprocket. When you tighten up the nut, it should tighten up the stack of bearing, spacer, sprocket and lockplate. There's no way it can move if the nut is smashing everything together.

No, there's no spacer on the other side.

Edited by Starwriter