421 serval with bb shearer inframes

notsed

i have a 421 serval at 600"asl, +2 timing, not sure on the domes but running 94 pump with stock carbs with 27.5, 1 out, 360 main and toomey needle, pods in 80-90* 155psi. that was the set up for the t5s i had on it. it was a couple mains rich but ran strong. now i have some bb inframe shearers (supposed to be sb but i got screwed) that i need to get jetted close before i take it out because i dont have the room to plug chop at home and i need to ride it to a plce i can. so what do you guys think it should have?

i realize it should have sb and cpi would probably be better but i didnt mention i was told they were sb from the guy i got them from but he lied. so ths is what i have to work with for now, actually i took it for a quick rip the way its jetted and it has more low end then it did with the t5 it just takes a little longer to hit the power then it revs forever it seems but doesnt feel as strong up top, could be jetting tho i can only get 1/2 way thru 3rd around my place. thanks again for any advice someone might have.

there probably a year or more old, chrome with bare aluminum silencers, in decent shape and they should clean up nice

Are you sure they are BB pipes? Plus on the smerval, I dont think CPI would be better. There is a few threads with people arguing about which is. Shearer4LIfe

It would sound like a motor with the wrong pipes on it. :lol:

why is everyone telling me i have the wrong pipes? i know that already, like i said i got the wrong ones. the question was what jetting i should run, i can see how it would be a hard one to answer since theres not really anyone running what i am. that being said would a bb pipe require more or less fuel compared to a sb? im assuming it would need more fuel but im not sure, thats why i asked.

to everyone saying it wont run right, what do you mean? wont be full potential or what? it runs ok now with the jetting it has, doesnt feel much different form the t5s beside top end, its a lil choppy at 1/2 throttle but thats about it, maybe lean on the main too gotta check.

i run sb on my 421 cub and love them, i'd like to hear what the bb would sound like on it :unsure:

cant compare the sound to the sb ones but mine sound real quiet when its idling and gets real fucking loud when it revs :rotflmao:

really tho compered to the t5's thats my best description of how they sound, way less pinging too

why is everyone telling me i have the wrong pipes? i know that already, like i said i got the wrong ones. the question was what jetting i should run, i can see how it would be a hard one to answer since theres not really anyone running what i am. that being said would a bb pipe require more or less fuel compared to a sb? im assuming it would need more fuel but im not sure, thats why i asked.

to everyone saying it wont run right, what do you mean? wont be full potential or what? it runs ok now with the jetting it has, doesnt feel much different form the t5s beside top end, its a lil choppy at 1/2 throttle but thats about it, maybe lean on the main too gotta check.

Well the answer is it won't run to it's full potential. (The oversized pipes will hurt performance. But still might be better than the T-5's)

As for jetting....it'll be hard for anyone to give you an answer that you can go with because your running a pipe that is too big for what the motor is. Your sort of on your own on that one.

Assuming you'll need more fuel just because the pipes are big would be a guess. The oversized pipes will actually make the pipe scavenge less and the pipe won't be tuned to maximize it's effects on the combustion process. So not only will your power be down, but tuning the motor will be harder.

The leap that I would suggest you make, is to make a plan to sell those pipes and get some SB's....then get it jetted right.

But I understand......you just want to ride. :shrugani: Wish I could help you more, but other than to tell you to do plug chops and start out rich and work your way lean.......you'll have to find the right jets through trial and error.