Best Way To Clean These Dirty Plastics.

ATVridinMaNiAc

I tried reading up on it and i saw something about the coin trick rubbing against plastic and then something about using a magic eraser. These plastics arent faded it just has this like oxidation acid rain looking shit all over it, not sure what you would call it but it has the little black stuff on it from sitting outside for ever, i wouldnt think it would be necessary to try and sand them or something, was curious what a good way to remove this would be without scratching or fading the plastic all to hell, thanks.

2012-08-22_20-40-36_623.jpg

Ok.....first try a magic eraser. The things Actually do work wonders......I use them on my finances white z400 plastics all the time. Works great.

If there is some really nasty stuff on it that is more soaked in with the coloring other than being just on the surface.........try this.....in a VERY inconicuous spot as we use it on paint and gel-coat.....but never tried it on plastics...............toilet bowl cleaner. Yup....toilet bowl cleaner........we use it to remove rust stains and also use it to remove bottom paint dust that has settled on a smooth finish of a boat and gotten wet as the color will leach out and stain the boat. Put a little on a rag and use rubber gloves to keep the acid in it from burning you......just rub a little on area and see if that does.

my b inlaw uses engine degreaser on his, works good, If the toilet bowl is to harsh, try chrome wheel cleaner it's not as strong.

if all else fails wetsand finish with 600 grit and clearcoat, will look better than new.

I've always used like Gojo or any of those automotive hand cleaners. The real gritty ones work great on white. Don't know if I would try them on black plastics because of swirls tho

Sent from your mother's rancid vagina using Tapatalk!

Soft Scrub with Bleach is the cleaner that always worked on all my white plastics. I just put it on straight and buffed the plastics with a damp rag till they looked good as new, then rinse.

Worked great on oil stains, dark spots, mud staining, always made them look almost new. (It will take a little of the new shine away...but your plastics look to far gone to worry about that.)