Is this engine worth rebuilding?

I bought a 1987 banshee (for the parts) from a mechanic that owns a bike shop. The owner of the bike brought it to him to rebuild and never paid. Long story short, i paid 350 for it. He said the top end is shit but the bottom end is still in good shape. I was wondering if it would be worth rebuilding. Everything else body-wiseis in great shape. I have 3 different cylinders(which look to have no gouges or scratches, 3 heads, and only the clutch is apart at the current moment, but i have all the parts. Also, he gave me everything that he ordered for the guy for free so the only thing i would be paying for would be the rebuild kit and the honing of the cylinders.

post-43653-0-59937800-1344918081_thumb.jpg

Ill give you $50 and pay shipping for it...

Haha....but in all actuality......yes it's probably worth the rebuild. Granted.....the cases could be broke and the crank could be junk and the jugs could all be bored to their maximum limits......at which case the clutch and tranny would be the only things good still......

But it's doubtful that much is wrong.........I'd tear it apart and check EVERY spec you can......I mean shit....the motors 25 years old...

id replace all the seals in the bottom end, it dont cost much and it gives you peace of mind. send your crank to kevin herr @ herrjugsracing.com and have him weld it and im sure he can check it to make sure its good to go, along with the crank he can also do your cylinders. if you want to make some serious power he can port them for whatever riding you do. good luck! its definitly worth rebuilding.