point of turning a crank 90 degrees?

coryv4

what is the point of turning the crank on a banshee engine? what are the benefits of it the only thing i can see is it turning your 80hp bike into a 80hp vibrator....

Turning the crank 90Deg as in a longitudinal crank config??? You must mean change the firing order so that one cylinder fires within 90 deg of the next.

1) It was claimed that the rocking couple would be much less, the claims were all bs though.

2) Big bang theory as in road racing bikes, apparently improved traction in turns when the tire contact patch was at its minimum.

You are correct though, 80 hp vibrator... And some big ignition changes required to make it run

"Twingle" is what you thinking of. Where both pistons are at tdc at the same time. I had one awhile ago, didn't vibrate as bad as u would think but didn't provide the strong low end like I had thought it would.

A 90* firing crank and corresponding ignition. They were suppose to ease 180* firing order where one piston is at tdc while the other is at opposite bdc. They wouldn't vibrate any worse then any other unbalanced crank. But bottom line they never panned out.

"Twingle" is what you thinking of. Where both pistons are at tdc at the same time. I had one awhile ago, didn't vibrate as bad as u would think but didn't provide the strong low end like I had thought it would.

A 90* firing crank and corresponding ignition. They were suppose to ease 180* firing order where one piston is at tdc while the other is at opposite bdc. They wouldn't vibrate any worse then any other unbalanced crank. But bottom line they never panned out.

Yep, that's what I thinking he was talking about.