which pipes for low end?

ben123

hey everybody, got my banshee about a month ago (all stock). I was looking to get the toomey's but heard they give you top end. Im not racing just trail riding in the desert. ALso dont plan on adding other mods just the pipes. Also will i have to jet the engine?

Edited by ben123

FMF Fatty :headbang:

Typically new pipes will require rejetting.

You should put a lid on the airbox with an outerwear like this.

---> http://www.ehsracing.com/products/banshee_airbox_EHS.htm

And you should swap out the POS stock air filter in favor of one of these.

---> http://www.vitosperformance.com/atv_parts/product.php?productid=797&cat=186&page=1

Also for even more grunt, throw an adjustable timing plate under the stator set to +4* and you'll get an even larger seat of the pants feeling.

I actually have one for sale for $30 shipped BNIB.

Pro circuits are a good low end pipe. This is the way I was going till I figured out the the best way to get low end is to get shearer pipes that will increase your top rpm and of course top end hp and that is how to get better mid.

Keep your eye in the dyno room

here goes my opinion... you are NEVER going to have the low end grunt like a 4 stroke.. but having a pipe and porting that get you into the powerband with a blip of the throttle is just as good... i always love romping my bike in the tight woods and hills.. its very snappy and pulls smooth.. timing is going to be a great gain for the $$.. bump the compression, etc... have fun

here goes my opinion... you are NEVER going to have the low end grunt like a 4 stroke.. but having a pipe and porting that get you into the powerband with a blip of the throttle is just as good... i always love romping my bike in the tight woods and hills.. its very snappy and pulls smooth.. timing is going to be a great gain for the $$.. bump the compression, etc... have fun

X2 get great mid to top power and slip the clutch passed idle 2k 3k and 4k and then use the rest.

I though I wanted to build a motor for low mid power just like you but at the end the results are a waste of money and time.