What's the best gear oil and why

shellrotella_1Q_1GAL.jpg

JASO approved, safe for wet clutches & less than $15 a gallon... I run it in everything I own

This stuff right here! hit the nail right on the head that oil is the shit specially for the price, that oil is very good for a transmission with the high levels of zinc and other shit in it, i run that in my warrior, ranger and sometimes my jeep, awesome stuff.

KLOTZ FLEX DRIVE 30, I have been running it for 20 years and have NEVER had a problem with a bearing, gear, shift fork, clutch or clutch pushrod/ball. I have tried motor oil, ATF, Honda Proline gear oil and BelRay GearSaver, but the Klotz works the best. The bike also shifts the best with Klotz. The guys that run ATF have problems with the clutch pushrod and ball welding together UNLESS they have a pancake bearing. I have never had this problem in the 7 Banshees and 2 Blasters that I maintain(including wife's and kid's bikes that roll down hills with the clutch pulled in) and none of them have a pancake bearing.When I ran motor oil or ATF I always had glitter in the oil when I drained it, doesn't happen with the Klotz.

How much is it for the flex drive? I have been using 10w40 motorcycle oil, but i change it every 2-4 rides. Sometimes ill find the oil is kinda greyish sonetimes; which i have been told that water has gotten in.

So you guys can really use the flex drive and only have to change it once a year?

Seems to good to be true lol

How much is it for the flex drive? I have been using 10w40 motorcycle oil, but i change it every 2-4 rides. Sometimes ill find the oil is kinda greyish sonetimes; which i have been told that water has gotten in.

So you guys can really use the flex drive and only have to change it once a year?

Seems to good to be true lol

Like $15-18 a quart.. I only change it yearly as a precaution. Something to do. I've went 2 yrs when I don't ride much.

Like $15-18 a quart.. I only change it yearly as a precaution. Something to do. I've went 2 yrs when I don't ride much.

Damn, and it still protects well? Where do you ride? Seems like water some how always gets in there. Thats why i change the oil every few rides. Just put in a new gasket; so maybe that will help? Maybe ill try this flex drive uf you dont have to change it constantly.

Edited by 06BCBANSHEE