broken chain

Nik

broke the chain 4 miles into the woods from good ol home...needless to say had to walk the fucker alllll the way back...almost burned the fucking thing...anyway the master link busted somehow so since the chain is still in good condition and to save some $$ i went out and bought a new master link...didnt fit...went back and got 2 more just in case and neither one fit...the links have lm520 sox on them and i cant seem to find shit about this chain on the net so im wondering if anyone has the same chain or know where i might be able to find a master link for this thing

Just get a new chain man. Make sure you put the master link clip on with the closed side towards the front sprocket.

I heard the opposite.

Front ====<==== rear

That's the best I could come up with. I heard its so the clip doesn't snag anything and rip itself off.

Yeah I heard they are really expensive from the dealer ship.

$70...was supposed to be 80something but they gave me a deal since im working at another dealership down the road...nonetheless its still alot more then the $7 bucks i woulda paid for a master link...im just tired of having this fucking thing sitting around..i bought it 3 months ago and have ridden it a total of 3 hours n ive got tons of trails in the backyard calling me out...by the way if anyone knows where to get some decent tires lemme know...ride hard fuckers

Same happened to me 5 1/2 hours from home on a trip. I tried no less then 3 different masterlinks.

I had to buy a new chain and also 4 extra matching masterlinks.

The closed end points in the direction the chain travels like stated- it keeps the weeds and sticks from catching on the clip stipping it off.

Edited by Paulie B