Shearer or sniper pipes

Sorry Ban421.

You don't take results from one track, one class, one bike...and a questionable track at that (many people will tell you a HUGE motor will not go any faster than a small motor due to track conditions and available traction) then post it as bible.

And I am NOT a Shearer pipe fan...as evident in previous posts.

Think about what you posted...one track, one class...

It is possible for Brad to just be a better tuner, have a better setup, etc.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Brad winning plenty of races there before the pipes were even a thought?

I"m not bashing Brad, his accomplishments, Sniper pipes (which I own) at all. You race the track you're at...and he's doing well there.

This is the line that is false on the grand scheme of things:

But facts from the race track prove that Shearer is not even competitive with Sniper.

I am a believer in these pipes. That being said..they have to be proven on a bigger stage than one class, one bike, one track.

The bigger problem is pipes are a small part of the equation...there are a TON of other variables.

I understand your support of Brad, and at that track/class he's earned it. But you painted a very broad picture with nothing more than a very, very small paintbrush.

Not trying to be argumentative, just fair and complete...

I want to be fair as well, but if one bike showed up at a track running Shearer pipes and outran 20 bikes running Sniper pipes for a complete season, the track conditions would not matter, Sniper would be toast. The track conditions are the same for Banshee 332 as they are for the Shearer piped bikes. Out of 20 Shearer piped bikes, you would think someone with Shearer pipes could give him some competition if Shearer pipes are better. If someone bothers to look at the point standings I posted, it would be hard to argue that Shearer is competitive at that track in his class.

Guess I am just getting tired of hearing empty accusations that Shearer is better than Sniper from stupid kids with nothing to back it up.

All I know is something has to be making Banshee 332 win, it has to be the Sniper OOF pipes, the Passion engine or he is just a very good engine and chassis tuner.

I want to be fair as well, but if one bike showed up at a track running Shearer pipes and outran 20 bikes running Sniper pipes for a complete season, the track conditions would not matter, Sniper would be toast. The track conditions are the same for Banshee 332 as they are for the Shearer piped bikes. Out of 20 Shearer piped bikes, you would think someone with Shearer pipes could give him some competition if Shearer pipes are better. If someone bothers to look at the point standings I posted, it would be hard to argue that Shearer is competitive at that track in his class.

Guess I am just getting tired of hearing empty accusations that Shearer is better than Sniper from stupid kids with nothing to back it up.

All I know is something has to be making Banshee 332 win, it has to be the Sniper OOF pipes, the Passion engine or he is just a very good engine and chassis tuner.

Awesome!

You took one specific example and generalized it to claim one product superior to another. I suppose we can now assume that whenever a sniper pipe joins a group of 20 shearers the sniper will take gold reguardless of rider skill, tire selection, chassis setup, and possibly luck?

Step back and look at the data collectively throughout these posts (and other reports). Some show a shearer pipe performing best, and some show a sniper assassin performing best. I think it makes good competition which usually benefits the consumer in price and better design.... however saying you are hearing empty accusations that shearer is better is ignorance. There have been more than a few posts showing proof that shearer worked better for that individual than snipers..... just as there have been individuals who have had more success with the snipers.

Oh the irony is almost unbearable.

I guess Planet Sand records mean nothing anymore.

I looked at the standings you posted. Of all the racers on that list, the average number of showings is 3.409 races of the 8 race season. To me, as an outside, that shows a lack of "serious" racers in that specific class. There was only one other person out of 22 who raced every race in that class.

Without a doubt, he's dominating that class. It takes a lot of work and dedication to actually make it to every race, and I'm sure everyone would applaud him for that.

With that being said, I agree with Dave, above. Using this one track, one season and one racing organization as a generalized statement to discredit an entire industry leader is foolish to say the least.

Oh the irony is almost unbearable.

I guess Planet Sand records mean nothing anymore.

I looked at the standings you posted. Of all the racers on that list, the average number of showings is 3.409 races of the 8 race season. To me, as an outside, that shows a lack of "serious" racers in that specific class. There was only one other person out of 22 who raced every race in that class.

Without a doubt, he's dominating that class. It takes a lot of work and dedication to actually make it to every race, and I'm sure everyone would applaud him for that.

With that being said, I agree with Dave, above. Using this one track, one season and one racing organization as a generalized statement to discredit an entire industry leader is foolish to say the least.

That's funny, the only reason I posted anything today is because of something you said in the shout box a couple days ago, you said Sniper can not compete with Shearer.

By the way, the fastest cub with a (300 foot) record runs a RDZ pipe.

That's funny, the only reason I posted anything today is because of something you said in the shout box a couple days ago, you said Sniper can not compete with Shearer.

So why is everybody fucking around with shearers and snipers when we could all be faster with RDZ pipes?!?! Hell, I got my credit card out now. I'll go order a set. Guns smerval will have nothing against my record breaking RDZ piped serval!

I believe that Cub was running a set of pipes that the owner put together himself. It's just up on RDZ's website.

And EVEN IF it was a set of RDZ pipes, guess where that design came from :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ban421..you should probably stop if you haven't lost all credibility already.

You are claiming a pipe, and ONLY a pipe is making him win.

Look at Matt's post about racers making less than half the races.

What you're saying is Brad never won before the Sniper Pipes...which, he did win... and I can promise he didn't just start winning because of the pipes.

You have to step back and think about that. Any time you hit the same track, over and over and over...you're going to get dialed in better. A pipe is only one piece of the puzzle.

You are making it sound like the only piece of the puzzle.

Again, that's one track...one class. A very, very, very small sample size.

What do the big motors at this track run in comparison to the smaller ones? If the answer is not measured in tenths or greater per class jump, what does that tell you about the track?

A longer track, with good hook...will favor bigger motors.

I completely understand you race what you brung, you run the same track as everyone else. I get that.

But you're making it sound like this track and these pipes are the gold standard. They are neither.

It's posts like yours that really bring nothing to the comparison table. As much as you don't like kids talking smack about Shearer pipes and not backing it up...you're pretty much doing the same thing by taking such a small, small sample size.

You can rationalize that however you want...but you're wrong in the grand scheme of things.

If I run an 8 race series and use a boost bottle...and no one else is running a boost bottle. I dominate the series...and win the majority of the races...do I claim the boost bottle is the answer?

No.

In essence, that's what you're doing. Even though we know a boost bottle does primarily nothing...it's the difference in other bikes. You're not looking or giving credit to tune, setup, etc. Just a single product.

Very short sighted....sorry.

Again, I have Sniper Pipes. I'll continue to use them on my next build. I have my own personal and professional issue with Shearer's product. But fair is fair....that's all.

Ban421..you should probably stop if you haven't lost all credibility already.

You are claiming a pipe, and ONLY a pipe is making him win.

Look at Matt's post about racers making less than half the races.

What you're saying is Brad never won before the Sniper Pipes...which, he did win... and I can promise he didn't just start winning because of the pipes.

You have to step back and think about that. Any time you hit the same track, over and over and over...you're going to get dialed in better. A pipe is only one piece of the puzzle.

You are making it sound like the only piece of the puzzle.

Again, that's one track...one class. A very, very, very small sample size.

What do the big motors at this track run in comparison to the smaller ones? If the answer is not measured in tenths or greater per class jump, what does that tell you about the track?

A longer track, with good hook...will favor bigger motors.

I completely understand you race what you brung, you run the same track as everyone else. I get that.

But you're making it sound like this track and these pipes are the gold standard. They are neither.

It's posts like yours that really bring nothing to the comparison table. As much as you don't like kids talking smack about Shearer pipes and not backing it up...you're pretty much doing the same thing by taking such a small, small sample size.

You can rationalize that however you want...but you're wrong in the grand scheme of things.

If I run an 8 race series and use a boost bottle...and no one else is running a boost bottle. I dominate the series...and win the majority of the races...do I claim the boost bottle is the answer?

No.

In essence, that's what you're doing. Even though we know a boost bottle does primarily nothing...it's the difference in other bikes. You're not looking or giving credit to tune, setup, etc. Just a single product.

Very short sighted....sorry.

Again, I have Sniper Pipes. I'll continue to use them on my next build. I have my own personal and professional issue with Shearer's product. But fair is fair....that's all.

Well, I have searched through all of the back years of BBDR points. I found that he has won one race back a couple years ago, if there are more I did not see them. This year he has won 5 races in the 431 to 525 class with 4 race wins in a roll and one race in the open class. Something is different this year and Brad has said its the pipe.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.....but isn't the bike your talking about running a Passion motor?

Because I have stated many times before, that since the Snipers were developed exclusively with a Passion built motor......that they are essentially a pipe design that is a perfect custom match for a Passion built motor. I have said many times that Snipers are probably the best pipe for a Passion motor, so seeing a Passion bike improve after switching to Snipers isn't a big surprise. (Tho we have seen dyno runs from a few owners of custom OOF Sniper pipes who found more power with Shearers on their Passion motors.) But I believe they were large motors.

Besides, Snipers website claims that their "In-Frame pipes" make 10 more HP than anyone else's OOF pipes. So why do Sniper supporters keep talking about their OOF pipes?

Where are all the strong running motors sporting the new IN-FRAME pipes from sniper?

So shit I was talking a few days ago enticed you to post in this thread.

You know you're good at stirring up shit when this shit happens. :rotflmao:

Correct me if I'm wrong here.....but isn't the bike your talking about running a Passion motor?

Because I have stated many times before, that since the Snipers were developed exclusively with a Passion built motor......that they are essentially a pipe design that is a perfect custom match for a Passion built motor. I have said many times that Snipers are probably the best pipe for a Passion motor, so seeing a Passion bike improve after switching to Snipers isn't a big surprise. (Tho we have seen dyno runs from a few owners of custom OOF Sniper pipes who found more power with Shearers on their Passion motors.) But I believe they were large motors.

Besides, Snipers website claims that their "In-Frame pipes" make 10 more HP than anyone else's OOF pipes. So why do Sniper supporters keep talking about their OOF pipes?

Where are all the strong running motors sporting the new IN-FRAME pipes from sniper?

The next graph will show the Snipers on the car dyno vs. a set of OOF silenced Shearer big bore pipes with the head pipe cut down 1/2 inch to an inch. I forget the exact amount. The carbs used for all these dyno runs were 38 pwk's on gas. The Shearers are red and the Snipers are blue. You can see the Shearer pipes are stronger through the entire curve until 9500 rpm. From 9500 rpm on up, the Snipers are stronger.

It is important to note that this comparison was not done back to back on the same day. The Sniper run posted here is "the best run" from 3/16/11 and the Shearer best run was on 5/27/11.

snipervsshearersilenced.png

Since Windy is having trouble telling the truth, this is a post from the owner of the Passion big motor and a dyno sheet.

Since Windy is having trouble telling the truth, this is a post from the owner of the Passion big motor and a dyno sheet.

Valid point.... HOWEVER, let's look at the fine print.

It is important to note that this comparison was not done back to back on the same day. The Sniper run posted here is "the best run" from 3/16/11 and the Shearer best run was on 5/27/11.

Let's take Halls Performance Racing's location into consideration when we make note of the added 3 horsepower that the Snipers made. Hall's is located in Glendale, Arizona.

On March 16, 2011, the average temperature of the day was 70.2 degrees Fahrenheit, with a barometric reading of 29.92 IN.

On May 27, 2011, the average temperature of the day was 85.0 degrees Farenheit, with a barometric reading of 29.72 IN.

Without knowing the exact time of day these dyno runs were made, we have to take into consideration the average for the day. I'm sure an ambient temperature difference of ~15 degrees would play a part in an increase in power, no? Without knowing humidity levels, this is the best assumption I can gather.

Source: http://www.almanac.com/weather/history/zipcode/85301/2011-03-16

Source: http://www.almanac.com/weather/history/zipcode/85301/2011-05-27